Milan 2013: German designer Ingo Maurer's table without any legs has gone into production with British brand Established & Sons.
The white table top appears to float at first glance, but is in fact supported on an extended arm from each of the four black chairs.
Ingo Maurer devised a hidden mechanism beneath the table that allows the chairs to be pulled out so users can sit down. Rectangular and circular surfaces are available.
Here is some extra information from Established & Sons:
This innovative piece is the first production table from the widely celebrated designer, Ingo Maurer. On first inspection, it appears to be archetypal wooden kitchen table and chairs but on closer viewing the table is revealed as ‘floating’; without any legs, supported by a simple extending mechanism which connects the chairs. Maurer has drawn inspiration from magic, ethereal substance and weightlessness. Floating Table invites the user to look more carefully at their simple daily objects and furniture for elements of surprise.
- Maritime by Benjamin Hubert for Casamani…a
- Another Geography by Kimihiko Okada
- Hulger and Samuel Wilkinson win Brit Ins…urance Design of the Year Award 2011
- Friday by Reinhard Dienes
- Merry-go-round Coat Rack by Studio Wieki… Somers wins Dutch Design Awards 2009
- Allumette sofa by Röthlisberger
- BLOWN lamp by Samuel Wilkinson for &trad…ition
- Our Little White Sofa by Christian Vivan…co
- Under My Roof by Christian Vivanco
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories