Milan 2013: Netherlands-based designer Tomáš Gabzdil Libertíny presented a solid marble chair at the Bagatti Valsecchi exhibition curated by Rossana Orlandi in Milan.
"After an exchange of ideas, the fluid robust form with cantilevered seat offered itself to a beautiful combination with marble. The chair is a sculptural study on comfort and ergonomics," explains the designer.
The Bust chair exists in both an indoor and outdoor version, the latter of which is equipped with small holes for drainage.
The Henraux Foundation has previously worked with some of the world's leading artists including Henry Moore, Hans Arp and Isamu Noguchi.
The Bagatti Valsecchi 2.0 exhibition by Rossana Orlandi also featured a sofa with a cast concrete seat by JamesPlumb and a purposefully inaccurate time-keeping device by Maarten Baas. Read more about the Bagatti Valsecchiexhibition.
- Scholten & Baijings design fabric with n…ine-metre pattern repeat
- Kelp lampshades by Julia Lohmann
- New magazines: "Our goal was to map the …domestic landscape"
- Domestic presents new designer "Vynils"
- BRCK portable internet router by Ushahid…i "designed to work anywhere"
- X Hanger by Kfir Schwalb
- Official Team GB Olympic Kitby Stella Mc…Cartney
- KHV60 by David Taylor
- Terrastool by the Campana Brothers for G…alerie Kreo
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories