Milan 2013: Netherlands-based designer Tomáš Gabzdil Libertíny presented a solid marble chair at the Bagatti Valsecchi exhibition curated by Rossana Orlandi in Milan.
"After an exchange of ideas, the fluid robust form with cantilevered seat offered itself to a beautiful combination with marble. The chair is a sculptural study on comfort and ergonomics," explains the designer.
The Bust chair exists in both an indoor and outdoor version, the latter of which is equipped with small holes for drainage.
The Henraux Foundation has previously worked with some of the world's leading artists including Henry Moore, Hans Arp and Isamu Noguchi.
The Bagatti Valsecchi 2.0 exhibition by Rossana Orlandi also featured a sofa with a cast concrete seat by JamesPlumb and a purposefully inaccurate time-keeping device by Maarten Baas. Read more about the Bagatti Valsecchiexhibition.
- Eggwave by WertelOberfell for Neff
- PostlerFerguson partners with Viennese j…ewellers to design bespoke microphone accessories
- Brick by KiBiSi
- "I'm interested in what the future might… look like" - Asif Khan at Dezeen Live
- Saint James and Simple Bridge by Jean No…uvel for Ligne Roset
- Whitney Graphic Identity by Experimental… Jetset
- Oke collection by Nendo
- Charcoal by Formafantasma at the Vitra D…esign Museum
- Molteni&C Sofa Chats: Matthew Hilton
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories