Milan 2013: Netherlands-based designer Tomáš Gabzdil Libertíny presented a solid marble chair at the Bagatti Valsecchi exhibition curated by Rossana Orlandi in Milan.
"After an exchange of ideas, the fluid robust form with cantilevered seat offered itself to a beautiful combination with marble. The chair is a sculptural study on comfort and ergonomics," explains the designer.
The Bust chair exists in both an indoor and outdoor version, the latter of which is equipped with small holes for drainage.
The Henraux Foundation has previously worked with some of the world's leading artists including Henry Moore, Hans Arp and Isamu Noguchi.
The Bagatti Valsecchi 2.0 exhibition by Rossana Orlandi also featured a sofa with a cast concrete seat by JamesPlumb and a purposefully inaccurate time-keeping device by Maarten Baas. Read more about the Bagatti Valsecchiexhibition.
- "Shoreditch symbolises the new creative …economy of London"
- Colour Nativity by Sebastian Bergne
- Torsten Sherwood launches Shaker-influen…ced furniture collection
- Kirk chair by Patrick Frey for Vial
- iPod fridge-freezer by Gorenje
- Village by Jasper Morrison for Kettal
- Nendo's second Draftsman watch is based …on circular stencils
- Mantis by Böttcher+Henssler for Vertigo… Bird
- Nendo's 3D-moulded light shades use trad…itional washi paper
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories