Milan 2013: Netherlands-based designer Tomáš Gabzdil Libertíny presented a solid marble chair at the Bagatti Valsecchi exhibition curated by Rossana Orlandi in Milan.
"After an exchange of ideas, the fluid robust form with cantilevered seat offered itself to a beautiful combination with marble. The chair is a sculptural study on comfort and ergonomics," explains the designer.
The Bust chair exists in both an indoor and outdoor version, the latter of which is equipped with small holes for drainage.
The Henraux Foundation has previously worked with some of the world's leading artists including Henry Moore, Hans Arp and Isamu Noguchi.
The Bagatti Valsecchi 2.0 exhibition by Rossana Orlandi also featured a sofa with a cast concrete seat by JamesPlumb and a purposefully inaccurate time-keeping device by Maarten Baas. Read more about the Bagatti Valsecchiexhibition.
- Vera, Chapter One by KM and ÉM
- Kimono Chair by Tokujin Yoshioka
- Spruce Stove that burns a whole tree tru…nk by Michiel Martens and Roel de Boer
- Hella Jongerius reveals "expression of y…arn and colour" with rugs in Milan
- Orbit by Ziiiro at Dezeen Watch Store
- Digital bobbleheads are the "provocative… future" for cars, says Plummer-Fernandez
- Fanions by Dimitri Bähler, Linn Kandel …and Ismaël Studer
- Beat vessels by Tom Dixon
- Funnel Friends by Roger Arquer
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories