Milan 2013: Netherlands-based designer Tomáš Gabzdil Libertíny presented a solid marble chair at the Bagatti Valsecchi exhibition curated by Rossana Orlandi in Milan.
"After an exchange of ideas, the fluid robust form with cantilevered seat offered itself to a beautiful combination with marble. The chair is a sculptural study on comfort and ergonomics," explains the designer.
The Bust chair exists in both an indoor and outdoor version, the latter of which is equipped with small holes for drainage.
The Henraux Foundation has previously worked with some of the world's leading artists including Henry Moore, Hans Arp and Isamu Noguchi.
The Bagatti Valsecchi 2.0 exhibition by Rossana Orlandi also featured a sofa with a cast concrete seat by JamesPlumb and a purposefully inaccurate time-keeping device by Maarten Baas. Read more about the Bagatti Valsecchiexhibition.
- Fish packaging by PostlerFerguson
- Rianne Koens’ stackable drawers func…tion as cabinets, tables and stools
- Stuart Shave Modern Art gallery by Dav…id Kohn Architects
- Shadow and Light by Front for Porro
- Dezeen’s Milan favourites
- Papela by Meirav Barzilay
- Konstantin Grcic's Clerici seating joi…ns range for Mattiazzi
- 6x3 Burr Puzzle Table by Petar Zaharin…ov
- Hoof by Samuel Wilkinson for &traditio…n
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories