News: Google has honoured American graphic designer Saul Bass with an animated doodle based on his iconic Hollywood title sequences and movie posters.
The doodle, which celebrates what would have been Bass' 93rd birthday, animates Google's logo to play on the designer's best-known work.
Bass created the opening sequences and posters for dozens of movies over five decades, including Alfred Hitchcock classics Vertigo and Psycho, Stanley Kubrick's The Shining and Martin Scorcese's Goodfellas.
He also designed corporate logos, including the bell and globe icons for telecommunications firm AT&T and United Airlines' tulip logo. He died in 1996 aged 75.
Last year Google paid tribute to architect Mies van der Rohe with a doodle celebrating his 126th birthday.
- TaliaYstudio turns colourful photography… filters into jewellery collection
- Curt deck chair by Bernhard Burkard
- Studio Job raids its own archive to crea…te wallpaper patterns
- Straw by Osko+Deichmann
- "We're not too far away from driverless …cars" - MINI head of design Anders Warming
- Special feature: designed in Israel
- Atmospheric Reentry by Maiko Takeda
- Luca Nichetto launches eponymous design …brand with 11 products
- Identity Parade by Adam Nathaniel Furman
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories