News: Google has honoured American graphic designer Saul Bass with an animated doodle based on his iconic Hollywood title sequences and movie posters.
The doodle, which celebrates what would have been Bass' 93rd birthday, animates Google's logo to play on the designer's best-known work.
Bass created the opening sequences and posters for dozens of movies over five decades, including Alfred Hitchcock classics Vertigo and Psycho, Stanley Kubrick's The Shining and Martin Scorcese's Goodfellas.
He also designed corporate logos, including the bell and globe icons for telecommunications firm AT&T and United Airlines' tulip logo. He died in 1996 aged 75.
Last year Google paid tribute to architect Mies van der Rohe with a doodle celebrating his 126th birthday.
- Stitched by Tord Boontje for Moroso
- Foster + Partners combines the cruising …yacht with the day boat to create Alen 68 vessel
- Modebelofte 2014 exhibition showcases "i…nnovative" graduate fashion
- B&B relaunch Bellini’s Le Bambole chai…r
- Featured event: Show RCA 2011
- Lamp 11811 by Klemens Schillinger
- New design brand TOG unveils outdoor fur…niture by Sebastian Bergne
- Floating skateboard ramp installed on La…ke Tahoe for pro-skater Bob Burnquist
- The Art of the Album Cover at The Galler…y@
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories