News: Google has honoured American graphic designer Saul Bass with an animated doodle based on his iconic Hollywood title sequences and movie posters.
The doodle, which celebrates what would have been Bass' 93rd birthday, animates Google's logo to play on the designer's best-known work.
Bass created the opening sequences and posters for dozens of movies over five decades, including Alfred Hitchcock classics Vertigo and Psycho, Stanley Kubrick's The Shining and Martin Scorcese's Goodfellas.
He also designed corporate logos, including the bell and globe icons for telecommunications firm AT&T and United Airlines' tulip logo. He died in 1996 aged 75.
Last year Google paid tribute to architect Mies van der Rohe with a doodle celebrating his 126th birthday.
- The Bare Hair Project by Ola Giertz
- Super Contemporary interviews: Neville B…rody
- Plakbanterie by Johan Bruninx
- Animal Tables by Hella Jongerius
- Ken Nakagaki's Comppass draws simple sha…pes from digital files
- Bulky by Jonas Wagell for Muuto
- Cars of the future could evolve and muta…te "like biology"
- Carved Bowls store small objects in scoo…ped-out sections
- Dezeen’s top ten: cars
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories