News: Google has honoured American graphic designer Saul Bass with an animated doodle based on his iconic Hollywood title sequences and movie posters.
The doodle, which celebrates what would have been Bass' 93rd birthday, animates Google's logo to play on the designer's best-known work.
Bass created the opening sequences and posters for dozens of movies over five decades, including Alfred Hitchcock classics Vertigo and Psycho, Stanley Kubrick's The Shining and Martin Scorcese's Goodfellas.
He also designed corporate logos, including the bell and globe icons for telecommunications firm AT&T and United Airlines' tulip logo. He died in 1996 aged 75.
Last year Google paid tribute to architect Mies van der Rohe with a doodle celebrating his 126th birthday.
- Workout Computer by Bless keeps you fit …while you type
- Magnets connect Ilya Tkach's two-part de…sk lamp
- Henrichs launches hi-vis garments for fa…shion-conscious cyclists
- New silver-faced Vigorelli by Matteo Rag…ni at Dezeen Watch Store
- REK Bookcase Junior by Reinier de Jong
- Grandmateria at Gallery Libby Sellers 2
- Microbes are "the factories of the futur…e"
- Library by Thomas Bentzen
- Scary Beautiful by Leanie van der Vyver
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories