News: Google has honoured American graphic designer Saul Bass with an animated doodle based on his iconic Hollywood title sequences and movie posters.
The doodle, which celebrates what would have been Bass' 93rd birthday, animates Google's logo to play on the designer's best-known work.
Bass created the opening sequences and posters for dozens of movies over five decades, including Alfred Hitchcock classics Vertigo and Psycho, Stanley Kubrick's The Shining and Martin Scorcese's Goodfellas.
He also designed corporate logos, including the bell and globe icons for telecommunications firm AT&T and United Airlines' tulip logo. He died in 1996 aged 75.
Last year Google paid tribute to architect Mies van der Rohe with a doodle celebrating his 126th birthday.
- Orbit by Ziiiro at Dezeen Watch Store
- Symbiosis by Jelte van Abbema
- Fold by Nendo for Conde House
- Hello Wood builds Budapest Christmas t…ree from 5000 pieces of firewood
- Apple unveils iPhone
- Finger Trap handbags by James Piatt
- Taxidermy artwork by Idiots
- SAYL by Yves Béhar for Herman Miller
- Christopher Raeburn transforms a life …raft into brightly coloured coats
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories