News: Google has honoured American graphic designer Saul Bass with an animated doodle based on his iconic Hollywood title sequences and movie posters.
The doodle, which celebrates what would have been Bass' 93rd birthday, animates Google's logo to play on the designer's best-known work.
Bass created the opening sequences and posters for dozens of movies over five decades, including Alfred Hitchcock classics Vertigo and Psycho, Stanley Kubrick's The Shining and Martin Scorcese's Goodfellas.
He also designed corporate logos, including the bell and globe icons for telecommunications firm AT&T and United Airlines' tulip logo. He died in 1996 aged 75.
Last year Google paid tribute to architect Mies van der Rohe with a doodle celebrating his 126th birthday.
- Karimoku New Standard by Isolation Unit …and others
- Icelandic designer creates floatation ca…ps and armbands for bathing in geothermal water
- Lights by Nathalie Dewez
- Joost van Bleiswijk assembles industrial… components into furniture pieces
- With smart textiles we can "download new… colours or patterns" to our clothes
- Transformations by Tjep.
- Bureau Nota by Elisabeth Lux for e15
- Muka Design Lab's Reves Chair has a back…rest "like a shirt collar"
- Chariot by GamFratesi for Casamania
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories