News: Google has honoured American graphic designer Saul Bass with an animated doodle based on his iconic Hollywood title sequences and movie posters.
The doodle, which celebrates what would have been Bass' 93rd birthday, animates Google's logo to play on the designer's best-known work.
Bass created the opening sequences and posters for dozens of movies over five decades, including Alfred Hitchcock classics Vertigo and Psycho, Stanley Kubrick's The Shining and Martin Scorcese's Goodfellas.
He also designed corporate logos, including the bell and globe icons for telecommunications firm AT&T and United Airlines' tulip logo. He died in 1996 aged 75.
Last year Google paid tribute to architect Mies van der Rohe with a doodle celebrating his 126th birthday.
- Ondo by Kenyon Yeh
- Noidoi's multifunctional Pulse daybed co…mbines a resting space, magazine rack and serving tray
- Van Eijk & Van der Lubbe design "an expe…rience in motion" for Volvo
- Ex Libris by Chanan de Lange
- Tjep. creates Bronze Age furniture in op…position to 3D printing
- i3 Concept and i8 Concept by BMW
- Lexus Nuaero by Jon Rådbrink
- Vodka bottle by Karim Rashid for Anestas…ia
- WhiteKnightTwo by Virgin Galactic
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories