News: Google has honoured American graphic designer Saul Bass with an animated doodle based on his iconic Hollywood title sequences and movie posters.
The doodle, which celebrates what would have been Bass' 93rd birthday, animates Google's logo to play on the designer's best-known work.
Bass created the opening sequences and posters for dozens of movies over five decades, including Alfred Hitchcock classics Vertigo and Psycho, Stanley Kubrick's The Shining and Martin Scorcese's Goodfellas.
He also designed corporate logos, including the bell and globe icons for telecommunications firm AT&T and United Airlines' tulip logo. He died in 1996 aged 75.
Last year Google paid tribute to architect Mies van der Rohe with a doodle celebrating his 126th birthday.
- Family of OLEDs by Johanna Schoemaker
- Sugar dance by Linda Florence
- Broo-ver by Ben Fursdon
- Mint by Smith & Wightman and BCMH
- Luz Interruptus by Luzinterruptus
- Lampada by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec
- Weng Xinyu designs emotionally needy hom…eware collection
- Katharina Gross adapts candle-making pro…cess to create wax tables
- Aluminium tables by Katrin Olina and Gar…ðar Eyjólfsson
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories