New York designer Bradley Ferrada presented an elongated chair with a faceted back at NYCxDESIGN this week.
Perch combines its folded back with a gently sloping seat that extends outwards to form a leg rest, allowing for a variety of sitting positions.
"You can face forward and socialise or put up a leg, get into a corner, focus in on a book, and disconnect from your immediate preoccupations," explains Bradley Ferrada.
The chair is composed of bent tubular steel legs and a wooden frame, with foam padding upholstered in a felt-like fabric.
- Stair-Rover by Po-Chih Lai update
- Prelude 01: a Dialogue at Depot Basel
- Ross Lovegrove at Philips de Pury
- Phurniture shows Morel’s Computational… Chair
- Otto by Paolo Cappello for Miniforms
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Brendan Magenn…is
- Drop by Paul Cocksedge
- Transformations by Tjep.
- While You Sleep by Oscar Diaz
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories