New York designer Bradley Ferrada presented an elongated chair with a faceted back at NYCxDESIGN this week.
Perch combines its folded back with a gently sloping seat that extends outwards to form a leg rest, allowing for a variety of sitting positions.
"You can face forward and socialise or put up a leg, get into a corner, focus in on a book, and disconnect from your immediate preoccupations," explains Bradley Ferrada.
The chair is composed of bent tubular steel legs and a wooden frame, with foam padding upholstered in a felt-like fabric.
- California Pastoral by Jeremy Quinn
- No Noise de-branded design at Selfridges
- Dezeen's top 10 installations of 2014
- Bamboolarule by Baskerville Studio
- Posa by David Chipperfield
- 10 architecture and design exhibitions w…e're looking forward to in 2015
- Design Miami Chat Shows: Campana Brother…s
- Fabrica reinterprets everyday objects fo…r Extra-Ordinary Gallery at Ace Hotel Shoreditch
- Tom Dixon to unveil accessories with liv…e "factory" at Maison & Objet
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories