New York designer Bradley Ferrada presented an elongated chair with a faceted back at NYCxDESIGN this week.
Perch combines its folded back with a gently sloping seat that extends outwards to form a leg rest, allowing for a variety of sitting positions.
"You can face forward and socialise or put up a leg, get into a corner, focus in on a book, and disconnect from your immediate preoccupations," explains Bradley Ferrada.
The chair is composed of bent tubular steel legs and a wooden frame, with foam padding upholstered in a felt-like fabric.
- Natural Selection by Liz Ciokajlo
- Dezeen Watch Store identity by Zerofee
- Interview with Tord Boontje on RCA Inten…t show
- New Basics by Alain Berteau for Objekten
- Muka Design Lab's Reves Chair has a back…rest "like a shirt collar"
- Daniel Emma launches first furniture and… lighting range
- Digital bobbleheads are the "provocative… future" for cars, says Plummer-Fernandez
- Dalston Rose by House of Hackney
- Cashmere blanket by Damien Hirst
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories