New York designer Bradley Ferrada presented an elongated chair with a faceted back at NYCxDESIGN this week.
Perch combines its folded back with a gently sloping seat that extends outwards to form a leg rest, allowing for a variety of sitting positions.
"You can face forward and socialise or put up a leg, get into a corner, focus in on a book, and disconnect from your immediate preoccupations," explains Bradley Ferrada.
The chair is composed of bent tubular steel legs and a wooden frame, with foam padding upholstered in a felt-like fabric.
- Another Geography by Kimihiko Okada
- Chair/Stool by Krystian Kowalski
- Luca Nichetto's Notes screens hang from …the ceiling
- Podcast talk: Alan Aldridge at the Desig…n Museum
- W by Satoshi Wada for Issey Miyake at De…zeen Watch Store
- Alex Chinneck performs architectural "ma…gic trick" with Covent Garden building installation
- Rice-Design at 100% Design Tokyo
- Studio Drift's Obsidian mirror made from… chemical waste
- Musician Gergely Bogányi offers a curva…ceous take on the traditional grand piano
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories