Light from small ceramic pendants is bounced off large steel bowls to form these lamps by London designers Studio Vit.
The Globe lights comprise matte ceramic spheres on long flexes, which can be used on their own, grouped together or directed onto the bowls.
Each steel bowl is painted gloss white and they can either be placed on a surface or wall-mounted.
"The collection explores how geometric volumes relate to each other and the juxtaposition of materials and light," say Studio Vit designers Helena and Veronica.
The pair presented their work at the Salone Satellite showcase for young designers at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan last month.
Past projects by the Swedish duo include glass lamps with marble collars and a modular storage system comprising eleven different boxes.
Photographs are by Annabel Elston.
- Torafu Architects designs multi-function…al Dice furniture for children and adults
- Bel-Air by Mathieu Lehanneur
- Weng Xinyu designs emotionally needy hom…eware collection
- "Design and architecture has been a key …influence" says COS managing director
- Fresh by Victor Vetterlein
- Studio Swine's Meteorite Shoes simulate …space debris
- Plain Air by Patrick Norguet for TLV
- Joe Doucet launches wooden Sling Chair w…ith supple silicone backrest
- Light Night 2009 by Linda Florence
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories