Light from small ceramic pendants is bounced off large steel bowls to form these lamps by London designers Studio Vit.
The Globe lights comprise matte ceramic spheres on long flexes, which can be used on their own, grouped together or directed onto the bowls.
Each steel bowl is painted gloss white and they can either be placed on a surface or wall-mounted.
"The collection explores how geometric volumes relate to each other and the juxtaposition of materials and light," say Studio Vit designers Helena and Veronica.
The pair presented their work at the Salone Satellite showcase for young designers at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan last month.
Past projects by the Swedish duo include glass lamps with marble collars and a modular storage system comprising eleven different boxes.
Photographs are by Annabel Elston.
- Furniture by Tierney Haines
- Design Indaba update
- G-Star RAW Spring Summer 2014 collection… by Marc Newson
- Pentagon Pen by Industrial Facility
- Darkroom patterns furniture and accessor…ies with Superstudio's "anti-design" grids
- Bristol classic by Daniel Wellington now… at Dezeen Watch Store
- Watt-Lite by the Interactive Institute
- “Milan is a breeding ground for people… who copy our products”
- Federico Babina inserts 20th century arc…hitecture into famous artworks
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories