Dezeen Watch Store: in this interview we filmed with Petrus Palmer of Swedish studio Form Us With Love, the designer talks about the No.1 watch - which is once again available to pre-order at Dezeen Watch Store (+ movie).
Form Us With Love launched No.1 in October 2012 with Swedish watch brand TID Watches. We have eight of each colour available for pre-order now with the estimated delivery date of Friday 7 June.
The design studio looked to create a timeless watch that has the ability to withstand changes in style over time. This resulted in a timepiece which has a classic look designed for longevity. "We wanted to do something that could be outside trends," says he. "The whole idea is that it's timeless."
The watch face has a concave shape and features hour and minute hands with smooth rounded tips. The thinner second hand has a circular ring on the end which counts the seconds using dotted markings on the watch face. "We're really into typefaces, and we like the look and feel of having numbers," Palmer says.
The watch features a black, ion-plated stainless steel case with either a black or white face and a woven nylon wristband. The watch has a large 40mm face and is best suited as a men's watch. "We designed a watch we would wear," says Palmer.
- RGB Fabulous Landscapes by Carnovsky
- Philco PC by SchultzeWORKS
- 3D-printed mushroom roots "could be used… to build houses"
- RGB lighting installation by Flynn Talbo…t casts multicoloured shadows
- Down Side Up by Fabrica
- Bridal Veil installation by Louis Sicard… creates a curtain of water through the forest
- Les Cordes chandelier by Mathieu Lehanne…ur for Château Borély
- Geraldine Spilker combines ashes with re…sin to create mementoes of the dead
- BaObab by Philippe Starck for Vitra
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories