Dezeen Watch Store: Block Watch is the first timepiece by London designer Tom Dixon and the latest addition to our collection of watches by leading designers and independent brands (+ movie).
Block Watch features a distinctive square case stamped from a piece of stainless steel or brass and a circular face with etched numerals and markers. The watch's hour, minute and second hands are powered by a high-quality Swiss movement.
"I'm trying to produce something with an expressive neutrality," Tom Dixon told Dezeen. "I tend to try and work out what I can strip out without losing character."
"I wanted to make sure that you can tell the time. With all too many contemporary watches you really can't tell what time it is," he said.
"It's just the minimal elements that you need to make a watch, all reduced to their bare essentials," he added.
Block by Tom Dixon is available to preorder now on Dezeen Watch Store with free worldwide shipping.
- Heal's launches Ambrose collection for s…pace-starved city dwellers
- Pablo Reinoso for Yamagiwa
- Tom Dixon to launch Club series in Milan
- Collective Works by Mischer'Traxler
- A Scent bottle by Arik Levy for Issey Mi…yake
- With smart textiles we can "download new… colours or patterns" to our clothes
- Connected pedal protects bicycles from t…heft
- Hair Typography by Monique Goossens
- Robin and Lucienne Day's daughter "wasn'…t prepared to allow their works to be misused"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories