Dezeen Watch Store: Block Watch is the first timepiece by London designer Tom Dixon and the latest addition to our collection of watches by leading designers and independent brands (+ movie).
Block Watch features a distinctive square case stamped from a piece of stainless steel or brass and a circular face with etched numerals and markers. The watch's hour, minute and second hands are powered by a high-quality Swiss movement.
"I'm trying to produce something with an expressive neutrality," Tom Dixon told Dezeen. "I tend to try and work out what I can strip out without losing character."
"I wanted to make sure that you can tell the time. With all too many contemporary watches you really can't tell what time it is," he said.
"It's just the minimal elements that you need to make a watch, all reduced to their bare essentials," he added.
Block by Tom Dixon is available to preorder now on Dezeen Watch Store with free worldwide shipping.
- Endoskeletons by Alon Meron
- Luminous by Tokujin Yoshiokafor Glas Ita…lia
- Little Triple Chair by Frederik Roijé
- Axor Bouroullec by Ronan & Erwan Bouroul…lec
- Itisy table by Philippine Lemaire for Li…gne Roset
- Mossa Chair by Simone Simonelli for Prom…osedia
- Patricia Urquiola adds grid-based patter…ns to architectural glass
- "Customers grow old with our shoes, not …bored with them" - Tracey Neuls
- Sweeper and dustpan by Jan Kochański
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories