Dezeen Watch Store: Block Watch is the first timepiece by London designer Tom Dixon and the latest addition to our collection of watches by leading designers and independent brands (+ movie).
Block Watch features a distinctive square case stamped from a piece of stainless steel or brass and a circular face with etched numerals and markers. The watch's hour, minute and second hands are powered by a high-quality Swiss movement.
"I'm trying to produce something with an expressive neutrality," Tom Dixon told Dezeen. "I tend to try and work out what I can strip out without losing character."
"I wanted to make sure that you can tell the time. With all too many contemporary watches you really can't tell what time it is," he said.
"It's just the minimal elements that you need to make a watch, all reduced to their bare essentials," he added.
Block by Tom Dixon is available to preorder now on Dezeen Watch Store with free worldwide shipping.
- Dezeen archive: masks and disguises
- Today at Dezeen Platform: C.A.N
- Candy Chair by Jeong Yong
- Adidas unveils sports shoes made from …recycled ocean waste
- Field Dressing by Sruli Recht
- Dezeen Watch Store and friends at Inte…riors UK
- Ran Out by Shlomit Bauman
- René Barba creates lollipop-shaped la…mp from paper-like fabric for Ligne Roset
- When I Was Small by Tineke Beunders
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories