Dezeen Watch Store: Block Watch is the first timepiece by London designer Tom Dixon and the latest addition to our collection of watches by leading designers and independent brands (+ movie).
Block Watch features a distinctive square case stamped from a piece of stainless steel or brass and a circular face with etched numerals and markers. The watch's hour, minute and second hands are powered by a high-quality Swiss movement.
"I'm trying to produce something with an expressive neutrality," Tom Dixon told Dezeen. "I tend to try and work out what I can strip out without losing character."
"I wanted to make sure that you can tell the time. With all too many contemporary watches you really can't tell what time it is," he said.
"It's just the minimal elements that you need to make a watch, all reduced to their bare essentials," he added.
Block by Tom Dixon is available to preorder now on Dezeen Watch Store with free worldwide shipping.
- 100% Inspiration: Nina Tolstrup
- The World's Longest Table For All Cultur…es by UNStudio
- Catch Chair by Jaime Hayón for &traditi…on
- Unexpected Welcome by Moooi
- Stereo.type by Ebon Heath
- New City by Galit Barak
- i3 electric car by BMW
- Urban Nebula by Zaha Hadid
- Parked car is upended on a tarmac wave i…n Alex Chinneck installation
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories