Dezeen Watch Store: Block Watch is the first timepiece by London designer Tom Dixon and the latest addition to our collection of watches by leading designers and independent brands (+ movie).
Block Watch features a distinctive square case stamped from a piece of stainless steel or brass and a circular face with etched numerals and markers. The watch's hour, minute and second hands are powered by a high-quality Swiss movement.
"I'm trying to produce something with an expressive neutrality," Tom Dixon told Dezeen. "I tend to try and work out what I can strip out without losing character."
"I wanted to make sure that you can tell the time. With all too many contemporary watches you really can't tell what time it is," he said.
"It's just the minimal elements that you need to make a watch, all reduced to their bare essentials," he added.
Block by Tom Dixon is available to preorder now on Dezeen Watch Store with free worldwide shipping.
- Change to the furniture industry "will h…ave to come from designers"
- RGO2 by Rui Grazina
- Are you the UK’s Young Design Entrepre…neur 2008?
- Tokyo Designers Week interviews: Gwenael… Nicolas
- Scribble's colour-matching pen can write… in millions of tones
- 2010 Puma Bikes by Biomega
- Maarten Baas named Design Miami/ Designe…r of the Year
- Twin'Z concept car by Ross Lovegrove for… Renault
- dezeen loves... Type the Sky
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories