Product news: magazines can be arranged at awkward angles within this sculptural magazine rack by Italian designer Marco Ripa.
Assembled from steel rods, the Who's Next magazine rack comprises a cube-shaped frame with an additional rectangle dissecting its centre.
"It's based on the overlapping of a cube and a parallelepiped," explains Marco Ripa. "We are able to see only the essential structure, just what is necessary to create the shape, in a positive-negative game where you can't tell what there is and what there is not."
Magazines can be slotted between the two forms, or fanned out across the base.
Each piece is hand made and finished in a white powder coating.
Other magazine racks featured on Dezeen include one inspired by the crates used to store old vinyl records and one integrated with the arm of a chair.
- Gogoro launches electric smartscooter to… combat pollution in megacities
- Ora Unica by Denis Guidone
- Pelt by Benjamin Hubert for De La Espada
- Designers reinterpret Ron Arad's Tom Vac… chair
- New Resin Series by Jo Nagasaka for Esta…blished & Sons
- Repair It Yourself by Eugenia Morpurgo
- Vue by fuseproject and Issey Miyake
- Kinetic Rain by ART+COM
- Alessandro Mendini revisits Proust chair… for marble exhibition
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories