Product news: magazines can be arranged at awkward angles within this sculptural magazine rack by Italian designer Marco Ripa.
Assembled from steel rods, the Who's Next magazine rack comprises a cube-shaped frame with an additional rectangle dissecting its centre.
"It's based on the overlapping of a cube and a parallelepiped," explains Marco Ripa. "We are able to see only the essential structure, just what is necessary to create the shape, in a positive-negative game where you can't tell what there is and what there is not."
Magazines can be slotted between the two forms, or fanned out across the base.
Each piece is hand made and finished in a white powder coating.
Other magazine racks featured on Dezeen include one inspired by the crates used to store old vinyl records and one integrated with the arm of a chair.
- Applied Physics by Acquacalda
- This&That by Fabrica
- Molteni&C Sofa Chats: Nigel Coates
- Luca Nichetto and Lera Moiseeva create c…eramic tableware for shared meals
- Showtime by Tobias Rehberger and Claus R…ichter
- Circle or Dot by Giha Woo
- Design Miami/Basel 2008: Designers of th…e Future winners
- Folio Staircase by Disguincio & Co
- Species of Illumination interactive ligh…ts go in search of humans and dark spots
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories