Mutewatch was conceived when company founder Mai-Li Hammargren was living with a boyfriend who worked late night shifts. Just as he was getting to sleep in the early morning, her alarm would go off and wake him up. The solution? A silent alarm clock, worn around the wrist.
The design was inspired by the founders’ need for a personal wake-up alarm and the minimal-meets-retro aesthetic takes cues from Rubik's Cube and classic Swedish design.
"We're passionate about developing products for people who love simplicity and beautiful design," said Mutewatch CEO and co-founder Mai-Li Hammargren. "We focus on the user experience, creating refined and useful tools for a mobile generation with the aim of simplifying people's lives."
The integrated touch-screen allows the wearer to switch between functions by swiping across the display, tapping the top of each digit to activate the timer or alarm.
Mutewatch plugs into a USB port and is fully charged within two hours. The device warns the wearer when the battery level is low and will automatically enter a hibernation mode.
Mutewatch features a fully adjustable wristband and is available in five colours: ivy green, nova purple, indigo blue, pure black and charcoal grey.
- Big-Game to present adjustable metal coa…t rack for Hay in Milan
- House of Furniture Parts by Studio Makki…nk & Bey
- 250 Series by Uniform Wares at Dezeen Wa…tch Store
- The School of Life by Susanna Edwards
- Bento by Form Us With Love for One Nordi…c Furniture Company
- Will.i.am launches eyewear range with de…signer George Gorrow
- Cauliflowers create moulds for "monster"… stool by Studio Pasternak
- Particle shelving by Dominic McCausland
- Tableware as Sensorial Stimuli by Jinhyu…n Jeon
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories