London Design Festival 2013: Australian designers Nicholas Karlovasitis and Sarah Gibson have added dining and coffee tables to their range of timber stools with metal collars at the tops of their legs.
The duo own Sydney design company DesignByThem and created the different sized Partridge tables and stools from solid white ash timber coated with a natural wax finish.
They can be self assembled with aluminium brackets that sit neatly against the legs and underside of the seat or table top.
"Our aim with the Partridge tables is to create simple balanced forms that will endure physically and aesthetically," said Karlovasitis. "We feel that using a warm and tactile material is comforting and allows us to achieve this."
Other furniture by DesignByThem on Dezeen includes bright recycled-plastic chairs.
Photographs are by Pete Daly.
- Wrong for Hay collection
- Director Jonathan Irwin burns 250 hand-m…ade model buildings in Aqualung music video
- Vanitas lamp by Charlotte Dumoncel d'Arg…ence
- Ryan Jongwoo Choi's Crumpled Chair is mo…ulded over wrinkled metal
- Library bus by Muungano
- Drawers slide along the surface of Marco… Guazzini's Flamingo desk
- Sparkle by Tokujin Yoshioka for Kartell
- Water-catching device wins Arup competit…ion
- Audi Centenary Sculpture by Gerry Judah
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories