London Design Festival 2013: Australian designers Nicholas Karlovasitis and Sarah Gibson have added dining and coffee tables to their range of timber stools with metal collars at the tops of their legs.
The duo own Sydney design company DesignByThem and created the different sized Partridge tables and stools from solid white ash timber coated with a natural wax finish.
They can be self assembled with aluminium brackets that sit neatly against the legs and underside of the seat or table top.
"Our aim with the Partridge tables is to create simple balanced forms that will endure physically and aesthetically," said Karlovasitis. "We feel that using a warm and tactile material is comforting and allows us to achieve this."
Other furniture by DesignByThem on Dezeen includes bright recycled-plastic chairs.
Photographs are by Pete Daly.
- Nendo's modular office tables create "ca…sual spaces for standing conversation"
- Reddress at York Hall by Company
- Andrea Rekalidis' ceramic desk-tidies ta…ke the form of Italian landmarks
- Sweatshirt by The T-Shirt Issue appears …to melt
- Kranen/Gille at Gallery Fumi
- The Clock Clock by Humans Since 1982
- Imogen Heap's music gloves could help di…sabled people "fulfil what's in their head"
- Preserves by Mathias Hahn
- Smart Highway by Studio Roosegaarde
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories