London Design Festival 2013: Australian designers Nicholas Karlovasitis and Sarah Gibson have added dining and coffee tables to their range of timber stools with metal collars at the tops of their legs.
The duo own Sydney design company DesignByThem and created the different sized Partridge tables and stools from solid white ash timber coated with a natural wax finish.
They can be self assembled with aluminium brackets that sit neatly against the legs and underside of the seat or table top.
"Our aim with the Partridge tables is to create simple balanced forms that will endure physically and aesthetically," said Karlovasitis. "We feel that using a warm and tactile material is comforting and allows us to achieve this."
Other furniture by DesignByThem on Dezeen includes bright recycled-plastic chairs.
Photographs are by Pete Daly.
- Z Step by Michael Schoner at Depot Basel
- Under My Roof by Christian Vivanco
- GamFratesi covers Milanese cloister with… mirrors for Mindcraft exhibition of Danish design
- Interview with Jaime Hayón
- Alexander Gufler unveils sculptural wood…en furniture for TON
- Logo Chairs by Richard Woods and Sebasti…an Wrong
- Pod by Benjamin Hubert for De Vorm
- Arctic Circle Airport by Narud Stokke Wi…ig and Haptic
- The Beauty of Nothingness by Nicolas Che…ng
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories