London Design Festival 2013: Australian designers Nicholas Karlovasitis and Sarah Gibson have added dining and coffee tables to their range of timber stools with metal collars at the tops of their legs.
The duo own Sydney design company DesignByThem and created the different sized Partridge tables and stools from solid white ash timber coated with a natural wax finish.
They can be self assembled with aluminium brackets that sit neatly against the legs and underside of the seat or table top.
"Our aim with the Partridge tables is to create simple balanced forms that will endure physically and aesthetically," said Karlovasitis. "We feel that using a warm and tactile material is comforting and allows us to achieve this."
Other furniture by DesignByThem on Dezeen includes bright recycled-plastic chairs.
Photographs are by Pete Daly.
- Paul Crofts launches Cu29 pendant light …based on copper pastry-cutting tools
- Trimmer, Razor and Shaving Brush by Jacq…ues-Elie Craig Ribeyron
- Grand Danois in Milan
- Visitors scratch walls and furniture to …create coloured etchings in Itay Ohaly installation
- Dezeen Watch Store: MY03 Hacker availabl…e in three new colours
- AL-10 by Vuk Jakovljevic
- Capo by Doshi Levien for Cappellini
- Breathing wall 2.0 by Behnaz Farahi is c…ontrolled by hand gestures
- Castor by Big-Game for Karimoku New Stan…dard
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories