London Design Festival 2013: Australian designers Nicholas Karlovasitis and Sarah Gibson have added dining and coffee tables to their range of timber stools with metal collars at the tops of their legs.
The duo own Sydney design company DesignByThem and created the different sized Partridge tables and stools from solid white ash timber coated with a natural wax finish.
They can be self assembled with aluminium brackets that sit neatly against the legs and underside of the seat or table top.
"Our aim with the Partridge tables is to create simple balanced forms that will endure physically and aesthetically," said Karlovasitis. "We feel that using a warm and tactile material is comforting and allows us to achieve this."
Other furniture by DesignByThem on Dezeen includes bright recycled-plastic chairs.
Photographs are by Pete Daly.
- Priestmangoode overhauls aircraft inte…rior to include more carry-on luggage space
- Magnetised clay defies gravity to form… ceramics by Jólan van der Wiel
- Blue D1653 by Arian Brekveld, Chris Ko…ens and Damian O'Sullivan for Royal Delft
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Victoria Spr…uce
- Analarm by Industrial Facility
- Harvest by Asif Khan
- New silver-faced Vigorelli by Matteo R…agni at Dezeen Watch Store
- Ewan Jones Morris' animation for Cell …Song by Fanfarlo explores biological structures
- Dezeen Watch Store end of summer sale:… Sol by Shin Azumi now half price
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories