Product News: Note Design Studio of Stockholm has created a set of wire candle holders that look different depending on where you stand.
"Depending on that point of view, things will change - settings, stories and the way we interpret things," said the designers, likening the effect to the way their product appears to change when seen from different sides.
"From some angles it seems like a flat graphical drawing - move around it and suddenly the graphic lines floats in mid air," they said. "Shadows and shapes change, making it a fun object to interact with."
The pieces are made of powder-coated steel wire and come in a wall-mounted version for tea lights or a table-top version for tall candles. They're available in white, black, grey, turquoise or terracotta and can be displayed singly or mounted in groups.
Other products by Note Design Studio include porcelain and wood pendant lamps and mobile trolleys to display shoes at a Camper store.
Other candle holders we've featured include candelabras made from a compound of stone and resin by KiBiSi, also for Menu, and a lantern with one glass bubble sitting inside another.
- Smasher by DesignWright
- Takashi Murakami at the Château de Vers…ailles
- Curve Frame Sofa Set by Hyung Suk Cho
- One Percent Water exhibition at Z33 Art …Centre
- Variations by Stephen Burks for Calligar…is
- Skinned by KNOL Ontwerp features latex c…asts of derelict buildings
- Tabbed Chair by Scott, Rich and Victoria
- Charline Ronzon-Jaricot designs glass ap…paratus to capture olfactory memories
- Collective Works by Mischer'Traxler
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories