Product News: Note Design Studio of Stockholm has created a set of wire candle holders that look different depending on where you stand.
"Depending on that point of view, things will change - settings, stories and the way we interpret things," said the designers, likening the effect to the way their product appears to change when seen from different sides.
"From some angles it seems like a flat graphical drawing - move around it and suddenly the graphic lines floats in mid air," they said. "Shadows and shapes change, making it a fun object to interact with."
The pieces are made of powder-coated steel wire and come in a wall-mounted version for tea lights or a table-top version for tall candles. They're available in white, black, grey, turquoise or terracotta and can be displayed singly or mounted in groups.
Other products by Note Design Studio include porcelain and wood pendant lamps and mobile trolleys to display shoes at a Camper store.
Other candle holders we've featured include candelabras made from a compound of stone and resin by KiBiSi, also for Menu, and a lantern with one glass bubble sitting inside another.
- Matthew Plummer-Fernandez to present "pe…rsonalised avatars for your vehicle"
- Vedas by Nicholas Alan Cope and Dustin E…dward Arnold
- Roopuppet by Nendo
- Cliq coat hangers by Flow Design replace… hooks with magnets
- Pauline van Dongen's Vigour cardigan sen…ses how well its wearer is moving
- This Is Not A Duet exhibition presents u…nrelated design collections at New York's Chamber gallery
- Designer Christmas cards
- New Basics by Alain Berteau for Objekten
- Revised Craft by Sjoerd Vroonland
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories