London Design Festival 2013: a large brass weight counterbalances this circular mirror by London design studio Hunting & Narud.
Hunting & Narud's Rise & Shine features a circular smoked-glass mirror attached to a rope that wraps around a small birch wood disc fixed to the wall.
The rope can be adjusted up or down to change the height of the mirror according to how tall the user is, or "to simply play with the composition and reflection of a room," the designers said.
"By blurring the definition of its use, the mirror does not limit itself to a specific room," said Amy Hunting.
Rise & Shine was originally designed for the klubben group show in Norway. It was exhibited during the London Design Festival last week, at the OKAYstudio & Friends exhibition in Ben Sherman’s Mod_ular Blanc event space, along with opaline glassware by Mathias Hahn.
Hunting & Narud's range of giant pivoting Copper Mirrors weighted down by large stones are also on show for the festival.
Other mirrors featured on Dezeen recently include two-way mirrors that reflect vinyl stripes covering the walls of an art gallery and a huge mirror installation where people appear to be scaling the walls of a London townhouse.
Photographs courtesy of Hunting & Narud.
- MT Club Chair by Very Good & Proper
- Lomme bed by Cycle 13
- MDBC Totem by Boym Partners for Ghostly …International
- Tape Measure Project by Debbie Smyth
- King Edison pendant lamp by Young & Batt…aglia for Mineheart
- Table Cloth by Ball-Nogues
- Paralympic design: Nike Spike Pad for Os…car Pistorius
- Limited Edition Design Dolls by Olivia L…ee
- Digital camera concept by Jared Mankelow
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories