London Design Festival 2013: a large brass weight counterbalances this circular mirror by London design studio Hunting & Narud.
Hunting & Narud's Rise & Shine features a circular smoked-glass mirror attached to a rope that wraps around a small birch wood disc fixed to the wall.
The rope can be adjusted up or down to change the height of the mirror according to how tall the user is, or "to simply play with the composition and reflection of a room," the designers said.
"By blurring the definition of its use, the mirror does not limit itself to a specific room," said Amy Hunting.
Rise & Shine was originally designed for the klubben group show in Norway. It was exhibited during the London Design Festival last week, at the OKAYstudio & Friends exhibition in Ben Sherman’s Mod_ular Blanc event space, along with opaline glassware by Mathias Hahn.
Hunting & Narud's range of giant pivoting Copper Mirrors weighted down by large stones are also on show for the festival.
Other mirrors featured on Dezeen recently include two-way mirrors that reflect vinyl stripes covering the walls of an art gallery and a huge mirror installation where people appear to be scaling the walls of a London townhouse.
Photographs courtesy of Hunting & Narud.
- Design Indaba videos: Doung Anwar Jahang…eer
- Design studio Raw Edges "feels like part… of the Moroso family"
- A New Bus for London by Aston Martin and… Foster + Partners
- Star-shaped clothes horse by Aaron Dunke…rton
- PLET Table by Reinier de Jong
- My Deer by Jeroen Wesselink
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Roger Arquer
- I Have a Lifestyle model-kit window inst…allation by Fabio Novembre for Tommy Hilfiger
- Scale watches by Nendo mark the time wit…h ruler increments
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories