First shown as a prototype in Milan earlier this year, this range designed by Konstantin Grcic is the first collection of upholstered furniture by Magis. It includes an armchair, a two-seater sofa, two benches and a chaise longue.
Simple rectangular cushions slot into grid-like tubular metal frames. The collection comes in seven colours and the cushions are available in leather and a number of fabrics by textile company Kvadrat.
"The correlation between the three-dimensional line drawing of the metal rod and the geometric volumes of the cushions marks a significant shift from the common connotation of wire furniture," Grcic said.
Magis president and founder Eugenio Perazza described the collection as "a set of various elements conceived as simple rod cages in which the cushions for the seat, backrest and armrests are easily accommodated".
This is Konstantin Grcic's fifth collaboration with Magis - others include Magis 360 family, a range of office furniture including a chair that's designed to be straddled rather than sat on.
- Decanterlight by Lee Broom at The Tempor…ium
- A New Bus for London by Aston Martin and… Foster + Partners
- Patricia Urquiola designs Mesh outdoor f…urniture collection for Kettal
- Fabrica researchers create electronic mu…sical instrument from stones and wood
- Scratches across Feroz wine label visual…ly communicate the taste
- Forest of One Room by Naruse Inokuma
- Momentané exhibition by Ronan and Erwan… Bouroullec
- Commuter by Levi’s
- Beasties, Zaha and BarberOsgerby for 20l…td
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories