First shown as a prototype in Milan earlier this year, this range designed by Konstantin Grcic is the first collection of upholstered furniture by Magis. It includes an armchair, a two-seater sofa, two benches and a chaise longue.
Simple rectangular cushions slot into grid-like tubular metal frames. The collection comes in seven colours and the cushions are available in leather and a number of fabrics by textile company Kvadrat.
"The correlation between the three-dimensional line drawing of the metal rod and the geometric volumes of the cushions marks a significant shift from the common connotation of wire furniture," Grcic said.
Magis president and founder Eugenio Perazza described the collection as "a set of various elements conceived as simple rod cages in which the cushions for the seat, backrest and armrests are easily accommodated".
This is Konstantin Grcic's fifth collaboration with Magis - others include Magis 360 family, a range of office furniture including a chair that's designed to be straddled rather than sat on.
- BS Toy plates by Boguslaw Sliwiński
- Mirror #180 by Halb/Halb
- Dezeen and MINI Frontiers showcased "pro…vocative ideas" for future travel
- Vessel Series 01-03 by Samuel Wilkinson …for Decode
- Studio Makkink & Bey adds industrial pla…yground to Mecanoo's Reimerswaalhof housing
- Färg & Blanche stitch wood together to …form furniture
- Heal's launches Ambrose collection for s…pace-starved city dwellers
- Rux unveils modular Stickbulb lighting m…ade with reclaimed wood
- SEAM roto-moulded lighting by Annika Fry…e
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories