Shunning the usual blue surface and black metal supports found on a standard table tennis setup, Antoni Pallejà Office paired a white top with wooden legs so the Bola Service Table wouldn't look out of place in a home.
"This table conveys the warmth required of a piece for the home but without losing the sporty look," said the designers.
The net is made from a fine mesh and has white edging on the top and sides, with a pink line along the bottom.
Iroko wood legs slot into a steel frame at angles, supporting the playing surface that is marked lengthways down its centre with a thin black line to distinguish service areas.
Paddles, balls and the net can be tucked into a hidden pocket denoted by a pink strip under this surface when not in use, so the table can be used for other purposes.
Produced by design brand RS Barcelona, the table can be used both indoors and outdoors.
The movie featured was made by Commission.
- More images of Hadid’s Ideal House in …Cologne
- Mirror Virus by Pieke Bergmans
- Oscar Niemeyer facade informs cross-shap…ed concrete vase
- e-glue vinyl wall decorations for childr…en
- Dezeentalks at [D3] Design Talents: [D3]… Contest winners
- Arne Quinze for Jaga 2
- Smoker Bell by Florian Brillet Architect…ure
- Finger Trap handbags by James Piatt
- Arne Quinze at Burning Man
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories