Global Design Forum is held annually over two days as one of the key events during London Design Festival. "What we're trying to get to is the core of how design can help make the world a better place," says Fraser in the movie. "We're trying to eke out some of the issues that are affecting design right now."
This year the opening evening took place at London's V&A museum and a full day of talks was hosted at the Royal Festival Hall. Speakers included designers Peter Saville, Ross Lovegrove, Michael Young and Jaime Hayón, as well as leading figures from the automotive and advertising industries.
"We've tried to encourage a mixed variety of speakers," says Fraser. "We wanted to invite people from different parts of industry to come together to debate issues and hopefully disagree and provoke each other, then see if there are any ideas that can be implemented or if there are any new processes or techniques that can change the way that the business of design is done today."
During this year's event Peter Saville spoke about designing a visual identity for rapper Kanye West and a water-filtration system that uses plants to extract arsenic to be sold on for profit was voted the "Idea that will change the world".
The music featured in the movie is a track called Caverns by London band Dead Red Sun.
- Daan Roosegaarde lights up Amsterdam sta…tion with rainbow projection
- Lachapelle and Eno headline Design Indab…a
- Volvo's connected helmet warns cyclists …of car collisions
- Louis Vuitton realises unbuilt Charlotte… Perriand beach house in Miami
- Special feature: design by celebrities
- Prism by Keiichi Matsuda
- Dragos Motica's Slash Lamp is designed t…o be broken
- Österlen by Inga Sempé for Gärsnäs
- SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills by Philippe S…tarck
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories