The distinctive, irregular shape of the dial is inspired by the smooth contours of weather-worn stones and pebbles and is complemented by a minimal face that is designed to be read at a glance.
The asymmetric dial and off-centre hands reference Guidone’s playful approach to time telling, a concept the designer first explored in the Ora Unica watch, which won the Aam O’Eva Creations international design prize in 2008.
Stone is available with a black or white face, and three straps: black, ash grey and taupe. Other features include a stainless steel case topped with a scratch-resistant mineral lens and Miyota 2025 movement. The dial and all three straps come in a presentation box. Buy Stone by Denis Guidone for £150.
- Nexus by Yigit Ozer for Kutahya Seramik
- Glück XL by Naomi Paul in The Changing …Room at Dezeen Super Store
- Movie: Newton Virus by Troika
- Petal-shaped mobiles balance above GamFr…atesi's lounge at Stockholm Furniture Fair
- Witches' Kitchen by Studio Tord Boontje
- Hall 11 at IMM Cologne by UNStudio
- Debut collection by Herman Cph includes …oak tables with spindly steel legs
- Butter Chair by DesignByThem
- Designer 3D-prints shoes representing 12… of his lovers
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories