The distinctive, irregular shape of the dial is inspired by the smooth contours of weather-worn stones and pebbles and is complemented by a minimal face that is designed to be read at a glance.
The asymmetric dial and off-centre hands reference Guidone’s playful approach to time telling, a concept the designer first explored in the Ora Unica watch, which won the Aam O’Eva Creations international design prize in 2008.
Stone is available with a black or white face, and three straps: black, ash grey and taupe. Other features include a stainless steel case topped with a scratch-resistant mineral lens and Miyota 2025 movement. The dial and all three straps come in a presentation box. Buy Stone by Denis Guidone for £150.
- Design performances at Design Miami
- Summertime by Nika Zupanc
- Second Nature by Tokujin Yoshioka
- Design Miami Chat Shows: Ross Lovegrove
- Ruhrsteine by Formfjord
- Illum camera creates interactive photogr…aphs that users can re-focus after shooting
- Mass IIII by Janwillem Van Maele
- Rinkak by Nendo
- Dezeen relaunches
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories