Mutewatch was conceived when company founder Mai-Li Hammargren was living with a boyfriend who worked night shifts. Just as she was getting to sleep in the morning, her alarm would go off and wake him up. The solution? A personal, silent alarm clock that’s worn around the wrist.
The minimal-meets-retro aesthetic is inspired by the Rubik’s Cube and classic Swedish design and includes an integrated touch-screen that allows the wearer to swipe across the display and activate the timer and alarm functions. The silent alarm can be set to short or long vibrate.
The time is set by tapping directly on the digits, and alarms can be erased by ‘pinching’ the screen. The touch-screen can also be activated by movement – a simple flick of the wrist will immediately reveal the time.
There is an inbuilt USB port hidden within the strap, and the watch is fully charged within two hours. The device warns the wearer when the battery level is low and will automatically enter hibernation mode.
Mutewatch also includes a fully adjustable wristband and is available in five colours: ivy green, nova purple, indigo blue, pure black and charcoal grey.
- Plumen Hive by Hulger in The Changing …Room at Dezeen Super Store
- Bocci 28 Series chandelier at Spazio R…osanna Orlandi
- Maison Martin Margiela launches first …wallpaper collections for Omexco
- Hobby Panton chair by Peter Jakubik
- Scholten & Baijings exhibit retrospect…ive at Villa Noailles
- Record Chronograph by Achille Castigli…oni for Alessi at Dezeen Watch Store
- My Deer by Jeroen Wesselink
- The Bradley Black tactile timepiece la…unches exclusively at Dezeen Watch Store
- WTC Logo Preservation Project by Ji Le…e
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories