"China is not known for wood production and craft but we kind of cracked it with a passion for Scandinavia and geography," said Young.
The upholstered seat is removable to allow the chair to be stacked for shipping.
A matching dining table will also be released as part of the same collection.
Michael Young has also designed a chair made from recycled aluminium for EOQ.
- Helsinki Design Museum exhibition celebr…ates "Finland's second designer"
- Transformation and Distribution Centre f…or Abandoned Household Items by Joost Gehem
- Discarded materials from Milanese homes …used to make furniture by Atelier Biagetti
- MoMA Design Store in Tokyo
- Watch the design evolution of the bicycl…e in a one-minute animation
- Inaugural collection by Petite Friture
- Tenon by Yota Kakuda
- New Designers awards 2008
- Design Museum Collection App:driving mov…ies
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories