The OC1 series, the brand’s first collection, is a chronograph timepiece featuring a square stainless steel case and leather strap.
"The idea of the watch is very simple," says Hayón. "I wanted to do a very compact case that has details of different influences that I thought were nice to put together."
"It's a little bit of a new classic, that's the idea I had from the beginning."
The OC1 series comes in five colourways, including a green and blue version among more traditional colours such as brown, black and white. Each colour is available in a limited-edition run of 999 pieces.
"I thought about a mixture of colours and combinations that could be classic as well as some that could be sporty or some that are more, let's say, shocking," says Hayón. "The pieces are going to be limited, they're pretty exclusive."
Orolog features a number of subtle details. The face of the watch has a distinctive quilted texture, while the glass that encases it is slightly curved.
Each watch is made in Switzerland and features a robust Ronda quartz chronograph movement inside.
"There's a little bit of playfulness in the watch, which I wanted from the beginning," Hayón says. "The idea was always to create something strong enough that also looks good and has those little details that make it unique."
Orolog OC1 by Jaime Hayón is available now at Dezeen Watch Store with free worldwide shipping.
You can buy all of our watches online and you can also visit our watch shop in Stoke Newington, north London – contact us to book an appointment.
- UFO over Gdansk by Peter Coffin and Cini…mod Studio
- Lamps by Nao Tamura, Zaha Hadid and John… Pawson feature in Wonderglass movie
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Denis Guidone
- James Christian designs parasitic struct…ures for disused city spaces
- Transitory Bookshelf by Robert Stadler
- Glueline by Oscar Diaz
- Techtile exhibition design by Nosigner
- Croatian designer creates giant light sh…ow by illuminating shipyard cranes
- Campana Brothers video interview 3
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories