"I aimed for a crisp and vivid expression in the plywood while looking for a solid and grounded look in the frame and base of the chair," said Bentzen. "Three years of play and hard work in the making has resulted in a light yet strong armchair, playing and taking the moulded veneer to its extreme."
The chair comes in ash or oak, lacquered in black, grey, dark grey, red, green or natural.
Copenhagen designer Bentzen started his own studio in 2010 and is co-founder of design collective Remove.
He was last featured on Dezeen with his storage unit that looks like a dolls' house on legs.
- Nendo and Camper team up for sunglasse…s range
- Botanica by Formafantasma
- The Minerals Collection by Lazerian
- V4 vases by Seung-Yong Song
- The $361,000 teapot: Marianne Brandt b…reaks Bauhaus auction record
- Wooden Carpet by Elisa Stroyzk
- Zlin cutlery by Future Systems
- Architectural Jelly Design Competition… winners
- Hella Jongerius for Vitra
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories