"I aimed for a crisp and vivid expression in the plywood while looking for a solid and grounded look in the frame and base of the chair," said Bentzen. "Three years of play and hard work in the making has resulted in a light yet strong armchair, playing and taking the moulded veneer to its extreme."
The chair comes in ash or oak, lacquered in black, grey, dark grey, red, green or natural.
Copenhagen designer Bentzen started his own studio in 2010 and is co-founder of design collective Remove.
He was last featured on Dezeen with his storage unit that looks like a dolls' house on legs.
- Vitra Virus by Pieke Bergmans
- Chocolate pencils by Nendo
- André Fu creates "modern Asian" install…ation for COS presentation in Hong Kong
- Bobble by Karim Rashid
- Silver Sugar Spoon by Studio Makkink & B…ey
- Doug Wheeler creates illusion of infinit…e white space inside Venetian palazzo
- Antenna by Neil Poulton for Vertigo Bird
- London's Brutalist landmarks star in Omi… Palone music video
- NOVA Shoe by Zaha Hadid for United Nude
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories