"I aimed for a crisp and vivid expression in the plywood while looking for a solid and grounded look in the frame and base of the chair," said Bentzen. "Three years of play and hard work in the making has resulted in a light yet strong armchair, playing and taking the moulded veneer to its extreme."
The chair comes in ash or oak, lacquered in black, grey, dark grey, red, green or natural.
Copenhagen designer Bentzen started his own studio in 2010 and is co-founder of design collective Remove.
He was last featured on Dezeen with his storage unit that looks like a dolls' house on legs.
- Hilla Shamia casts tree trunks with molt…en aluminium to form furniture
- Metal Lace drain by Joana Meroz
- Movie of Future Systems and Ross Lovegro…ve at the London Design Festival
- Lightbotz by Marcus Tremonto
- Johan Kauppi and Bertil Harström launch… sound-absorbing office furniture for Glimakra
- Paralympic design: Nike Spike Pad for Os…car Pistorius
- Bookspile by Andrius Pocius
- Ron Arad for Driade
- Venus chair by Tokujin Yoshioka
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories