"I aimed for a crisp and vivid expression in the plywood while looking for a solid and grounded look in the frame and base of the chair," said Bentzen. "Three years of play and hard work in the making has resulted in a light yet strong armchair, playing and taking the moulded veneer to its extreme."
The chair comes in ash or oak, lacquered in black, grey, dark grey, red, green or natural.
Copenhagen designer Bentzen started his own studio in 2010 and is co-founder of design collective Remove.
He was last featured on Dezeen with his storage unit that looks like a dolls' house on legs.
- Purple locket is a digital version of th…e traditional heirloom
- Ronny by Daniel Böttcher for Formverlei…h at Dezeen Super Store
- Goedzak by Waarmakers
- New work by Bram Boo
- To The Victor – The Spoils! by Airside
- London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games… posters
- Wool Modern Installation by Not Tom
- Valeska Jasso Collado folds latex-covere…d foam into geometric garments
- Milk by Rasmus B. Fex
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories