"I aimed for a crisp and vivid expression in the plywood while looking for a solid and grounded look in the frame and base of the chair," said Bentzen. "Three years of play and hard work in the making has resulted in a light yet strong armchair, playing and taking the moulded veneer to its extreme."
The chair comes in ash or oak, lacquered in black, grey, dark grey, red, green or natural.
Copenhagen designer Bentzen started his own studio in 2010 and is co-founder of design collective Remove.
He was last featured on Dezeen with his storage unit that looks like a dolls' house on legs.
- Furniture for Tracey Neuls Eastside by F…audet-Harrison
- Objects in Disguise by Tove Thambert
- Studio Makkink & Bey adds industrial pla…yground to Mecanoo's Reimerswaalhof housing
- Floor lamp that tilts backwards by Mifun…e Design Studio
- Design Museum Collection App:driving mov…ies
- Manned Cloud by Jean-Marie Massaud
- Audi's super-fast driverless car is fitt…ed with a mini film studio
- "There is no nature anymore" – Liam Yo…ung of Tomorrow's Thoughts Today
- Liberty of London boutique by Pierre Bue…cler and Jean-Christophe Poggioli
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories