Dutch architect and MVRDV co-founder Winy Maas is the letter M in our daily A-Zdvent calendar. The firm's projects include the Balancing Barn (pictured), a house with a 15-metre cantilever, and a shop and office complex disguised as an old farmhouse, but which actually features walls made from glass.
- New Concordia Island by Alexander Laing …and Francesco Matteo Belfiore
- "Some of the best minds of the world are… based in Britain," says Thomas Heatherwick
- Ty Hedfan by Featherstone Young
- Thomas Heatherwick beach cafe takes shap…e
- "We wanted to make a building that is em…bedded in New Zealand culture"
- The Long Studio by Threefold Architects
- W1 House by West Architecture
- Orchard House by Studio Octopi
- Dezeen's A-Zdvent calendar: Eduardo Sout…o de Moura
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories