Behind today's A-Zdvent calendar window is Brazilian architect Isay Weinfeld, who we recently interviewed about his new monograph and exhibition in New York. We've also featured a string of impressive São Paulo residences by the architect, including a house with a floating spiral staircase made from Brazilian ironwood and a home made up of seven boxy volumes, all made using different materials (pictured).
- Reinier de Graaf of OMA presents "archit…ecture with a social conscience"
- Ninkipen! exposes wooden columns and tru…sses inside O Pharmacy
- Tel Aviv Port by Mayslits Kassif Archite…cts
- Za-Koenji Public Theatre by Toyo Ito
- The Cave by Gonzalo Vaíllo Martínez
- Voivodeship Police Headquarters by Pozna…ń Projekt and mode:lina architekci
- Belly House by Tomohiro Hata
- Casa Rosto do Cão by M-Arquitectos is f…ronted by four white blocks
- Andrés Jaque to create water-purifying …pipe network for MoMA PS1 Young Architects Program
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories