We've reached the final day of our festive countdown, so in the first of three final posts today here's Chinese architect Li Xiaodong, whose projects include a school that bridges a creek between two castles and a library clad with firewood (pictured).
- Harpa Concert and Conference Centre Reyk…javík by Henning Larsen Architects
- The Forum at Eckenberg Gymnasium by Ecke…r Architekten
- Rem Koolhaas uses architecture, dance an…d film to represent the "current condition of Italy"
- School gatehouse built on a strict budge…t by Jonathan Tuckey Design
- Big and small windows balance views with… privacy at Atelier Delphine Carrère's Villa Chiberta
- Cloudscapes by Tetsuo Kondo Architects a…nd Transsolar
- National Grand Theatre in Beijing by Pau…l Andreu
- Schaufelschlucht Bridge by Marte.Marte A…rchitects is second in trio of Alpine structures
- Maggie's Merseyside by Carmody Groarke f…eatures a fluted facade
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories