Ma Yansong of Beijing studio MAD is the penultimate architect to appear in this year's A-Zdvent calendar. Featured here is his blob-shaped Ordos Museum in the Gobi desert, which is clad in polished metal tiles to resist sandstorms. The firm also recently presented a masterplan for China where buildings are designed to look like mountains and public spaces overlap with the natural landscape.
- AIR+PORT by BIG and Tegnestuen Nuuk at t…he Danish Pavilion
- Mayfair House by Squire and Partners
- Exploratory Science Museum by CHN Arquit…etos
- Tom Lloyd and Cassion Castle build garde…n studio embracing "timber and craftsmanship"
- Quarterhouse by Alison Brooks Architects
- Cube House by Shinichi Ogawa & Associate…s
- Grimshaw completes St Petersburg airport… with folded golden ceilings
- The Cube by Electrolux
- 72 Collective Housing Units by LAN Archi…tecture
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories