Ma Yansong of Beijing studio MAD is the penultimate architect to appear in this year's A-Zdvent calendar. Featured here is his blob-shaped Ordos Museum in the Gobi desert, which is clad in polished metal tiles to resist sandstorms. The firm also recently presented a masterplan for China where buildings are designed to look like mountains and public spaces overlap with the natural landscape.
- Waiatarua House by Monk Mackenzie incorp…orates a wooden lattice
- Elding Oscarson completes Swedish seasid…e house in Mölle
- DRMM's Comet Street art studio draws in …daylight through a sky-facing window
- East Beach Cafe by Thomas Heatherwick
- Domus Technica by Iotti + Pavarani
- Architects pick their favourite Brutalis…t buildings
- 3D-scanning technology will enable citie…s to exist in "both a virtual and a physical form"
- Vertical Village exhibition by MVRDV and… The Why Factory
- House in Ropponmatsu by Kazunori Fujimot…o Architect & Associates
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories