Ma Yansong of Beijing studio MAD is the penultimate architect to appear in this year's A-Zdvent calendar. Featured here is his blob-shaped Ordos Museum in the Gobi desert, which is clad in polished metal tiles to resist sandstorms. The firm also recently presented a masterplan for China where buildings are designed to look like mountains and public spaces overlap with the natural landscape.
- House in Tsurumaki with a hexagonal livi…ng room by Case-Real
- Hiedaira House by Thomas Daniell Studio
- Dezeen's A-Zdvent calendar: Sou Fujimoto
- Lille Métropole Musée extension by Man…uelle Gautrand
- RAK Gateway Project by Snøhetta
- "It is very difficult to build contempor…ary architecture in Italy"
- Gue(ho)st House by Berdaguer & Péjus
- Dezeen's A-Zdvent calendar: Residence O …by Andrea Tognon
- Glamping tents shaped like worms and dou…ghnuts by ArchiWorkshop