Ma Yansong of Beijing studio MAD is the penultimate architect to appear in this year's A-Zdvent calendar. Featured here is his blob-shaped Ordos Museum in the Gobi desert, which is clad in polished metal tiles to resist sandstorms. The firm also recently presented a masterplan for China where buildings are designed to look like mountains and public spaces overlap with the natural landscape.
- Smithsonian Museum of African American H…istory and Culture by David Adjaye and FAB
- MiLoft by RMJM
- Scala Copenhagen by BIG
- Tadao Ando and Annabelle Selldorf transf…orm Clark Art Institute in Massachusetts
- 2012 RIBA Awards winners announced
- Hönshus-1 by Torsten Ottesjö
- "This was the first botanical garden pur…ely for Australian native plants"
- Al Nasseem by X-Architects
- Sofitel Lyon Bellecour by Patrick Norgue…t
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories