Victor Enrich, who also works as a 3D architectural visualiser, based the entire series of images on one view of the Deutscher Kaiser hotel, a building he passed regularly during a two-month stay in the city.
Some images show parts of the building turned on their sides, while others show sections of it duplicated or sliced away. Some shots show it curving into different shapes and some show it pulled it apart.
Describing the manipulation process, Enrich told Dezeen: "What I basically do is create a 3D virtual environment out of a 2D photograph. The process involves capturing the perspective, then the geometry, then the materials and finally the lighting."
"The techniques I use are often described as 'camera matching' or 'perspective matching' and several 3D software packages provide functionalities that allow you to perform this," he explained, but added that he tends to add do a lot of the work by hand to "reach the level of detail needed to achieve high photorealism".
"Then is just a matter of time, much time, spent working on it," he said.
Other images in the series include one where the top of the building is transformed into a floating orb.
There's also one where the tower features zigzagging walls, and another where the base of the building is missing and the tower is raised up on pilotis.
Enrich previously worked on a similar series of manipulated images, called City Portraits, which adapted images of other buildings in Munich as well as structures in Riga and Tel Aviv.
"The experiment started in 2005 and I've done several buildings, all from cities where I've stayed for periods longer than a year," he said.
"If everything goes well, there will be some new works about some American cities during 2014," he added.
- Allies and Morrison references Brutalism… with concrete-clad studio for Rambert Dance Company
- Trestles Beach footbridge by Dan Brill A…rchitects
- IJburg Villa by Marc Prosman Architecten
- Windhover house by Ailtireacht Architect…s
- Wooden house by Ondrej and Josef Chybik
- Glowing glass blocks surround the Wilhel…m-Leuschner-Platz metro station by Max Dudler
- Zaha Hadid in Budapest
- BFI Master Film Store by Edward Cullinan
- Concrete office block designed by Regino… Cruz Arquitectos to resemble a centipede
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories