Danish designers Jonas Herman Pedersen and Helle Herman Mortensen founded Herman Cph so they could design and produce their own products, retaining complete control over the entire development process.
"We have a vision to create furniture [designs] that are simple, honest and quality conscious and follow them all the way from the drawing board to the finished product," explained the designers.
"We are convinced that people feel most comfortable if they are among good and honest intentions, and this philosophy forms the basis for Herman Cph," the designers added. "Great materials are moulded over time, which means that they only grow more beautiful and unique as the years progress."
The Frisbee tables by Herman Cph combine powder-coated steel legs with oiled or black stained round oak surfaces.
Available in three different heights, the configuration of the table legs is intended to leave maximum room for manoeuvre below the surface.
The tables are delivered flat-packed and can be assembled by the customer using a single screw to join the metal legs.
A dining table from the same collection seats three to six people and is supported by steel legs with a square section and wooden feet that slot into the ends.
The brand is also launching a range of fabric products including limited-edition cushions and bedspreads made from recycled wool fabrics, and a wall-mounted storage pocket with leather detailing.
The duo design the pieces at their studio in Fredriksberg and contract the manufacture out to Danish companies.
- Piu tableware by Patrick Frey
- More photos of Tokujin Yoshioka installa…tion at Design Miami
- Grão by Pedrita
- Federico Babina creates Archibet, an ill…ustrated alphabet of architects
- Benjamin John Hall takes a hammer to por…celain shoes during live event
- Coat-hanger Chopper by Michael Schoner
- Found by Stuart Haygarth at Haunch of Ve…nison
- Lifelike Design by Kwangho Lee at Huntin…g and Collecting
- Smart Fortwo Toile H edition by Hermès
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories