Dezeen Watch Store: this chronograph version of the Record watch designed by Italian maestro Achille Castiglioni for Alessi now comes with a black nylon Nato strap.
The 40-milimetre polished stainless steel dial threads onto the hardwearing strap, which fastens with a metal buckle. Nato straps were developed for British military watches; the textured nylon weave was specially chosen for its durability and flexibility.
The chronograph has a striking black face with large printed numbers that were designed by Max Huber, a Swiss graphic designer who was a close friend of Castiglioni's. The three chronograph dials count seconds, hours and minutes and are activated using the buttons on the side of the case. The chronograph also includes a stopwatch function and a date window.
Castiglioni designed the Record watch for Italian design brand Alessi in 2000, making it one of the last products he worked on. The original Record had a white face and black markings and a red or black strap.
You can buy all of our watches online, and you can also visit our watch shop in Stoke Newington, north London – contact us to book an appointment.
- Lawrence Lek at Designers in Residence 2…012
- Tephra Formations by Robert Stadler
- Cancer City by Visiondivision
- David Adjaye shows Washington Collection… for Knoll in new colours
- "I was obsessed by the idea of making th…ings myself" - Marc Newson
- Benjamin Hubert dresses up dining chairs… with Talma collection for Moroso
- Coupé Concept by MINI
- Ladder Coat Rack by Yenwen Tseng
- 3D weaving can "reduce cost and improve …structural integrity" in architecture
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories