Released at the end of last year, the chair was reproduced using the original drawings and one of the two original chairs, currently on display at Amsterdam's Rijksmuseum.
The design is broken up into three simple shapes that appear to rest up against and on top of each other. These sections are all upholstered in leather, the original material used to cover the chair.
Fifty dark grey chairs have the single arm on the right and the fifty white models are a mirror image.
Gerrit Rietveld was a principle member of the De Stijl modernist movement in the Netherlands during the early twentieth century.
- Klara by Patricia Urquiola for Moroso
- Chipperfield w102 by David Chipperfield …for Wästberg
- "When you try to separate art and design… you create a ghetto" - Job Smeets
- INDEX: Award winners 2011
- Squaring by Lee Sehoon
- Nendo presents K% collection at Luminair…e
- Xemei Stool by Mediodesign
- Postable by Studio Toer
- W131 by Claesson Koivisto Rune for Wäst…berg
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories