Designed for Swedish furniture brand Offecct, the Xtra Large table can be extended to create a giant workspace. Claesson Koivisto Rune designed the system so a single piece of furniture could be used to create a flexible office space.
The table can be expanded over time and once it gets to certain size it can be used by employees working independently at one end while a meeting is held at the other.
"We wanted to create a hybrid between a meeting table and a writing desk; a table big enough to work undisturbed with your laptop but still be able to start up a conversation with someone sitting opposite," said studio co-founder Eero Koivisto. "Even if there is a meeting taking place at the far end of the table."
The table surface of each module is held up by two chunky cylindrical legs and braced by a square beam, which contains power sockets at each end. Electric wiring runs through the beams and down through the legs to keep the workspace free of cables.
"We have maximised a regular table with all the functions demanded in a modern office today," said Koivisto. "You could say that this table is the equivalent of a Hercules aeroplane."
- Govert Flint's Dynamic Chair turns the b…ody into a computer mouse
- BN0106 by Braun is now available at Deze…en Watch Store
- A Scent bottle by Arik Levy for Issey Mi…yake
- Rooftop hangar by TDO provides launchpad… for James Bridle's surveillance balloon
- Polygon Crash lamp by Flip Sellin
- Peter William Holden’s Frankensteinian… robots perform dance routines to music
- "Technology is going to turn the entire …fashion industry inside out"
- Jean-Sébastien Lagrange rolls parchment… into a lampshade
- Tim van de Weerd's Monstera plant pots b…alance on spindly legs
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories