Designed for Swedish furniture brand Offecct, the Xtra Large table can be extended to create a giant workspace. Claesson Koivisto Rune designed the system so a single piece of furniture could be used to create a flexible office space.
The table can be expanded over time and once it gets to certain size it can be used by employees working independently at one end while a meeting is held at the other.
"We wanted to create a hybrid between a meeting table and a writing desk; a table big enough to work undisturbed with your laptop but still be able to start up a conversation with someone sitting opposite," said studio co-founder Eero Koivisto. "Even if there is a meeting taking place at the far end of the table."
The table surface of each module is held up by two chunky cylindrical legs and braced by a square beam, which contains power sockets at each end. Electric wiring runs through the beams and down through the legs to keep the workspace free of cables.
"We have maximised a regular table with all the functions demanded in a modern office today," said Koivisto. "You could say that this table is the equivalent of a Hercules aeroplane."
- MYo1 and MYo2 Reverse Collection by Mich…ael Young
- Meguro office space by Nendo
- ECAL students design interactive product…s that address "lack of humanness" in electronics
- Poliart Design Luca Nichetto for Casaman…ia
- Litho by Thibault Desombre for Ligne Ros…et
- Designed in Hackney: Uniform Wares
- Stratigraphic Manufactury by Unfold
- String Lights by Michael Anastassiades f…or Flos
- Ground by Michael Antrobus
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories