Designed for Swedish furniture brand Offecct, the Xtra Large table can be extended to create a giant workspace. Claesson Koivisto Rune designed the system so a single piece of furniture could be used to create a flexible office space.
The table can be expanded over time and once it gets to certain size it can be used by employees working independently at one end while a meeting is held at the other.
"We wanted to create a hybrid between a meeting table and a writing desk; a table big enough to work undisturbed with your laptop but still be able to start up a conversation with someone sitting opposite," said studio co-founder Eero Koivisto. "Even if there is a meeting taking place at the far end of the table."
The table surface of each module is held up by two chunky cylindrical legs and braced by a square beam, which contains power sockets at each end. Electric wiring runs through the beams and down through the legs to keep the workspace free of cables.
"We have maximised a regular table with all the functions demanded in a modern office today," said Koivisto. "You could say that this table is the equivalent of a Hercules aeroplane."
- Lasso Shoes by Gaspard Tiné-Berès at S…how RCA 2012
- Spaziale Series by Lanzavecchia + Wai
- Close encounter by Oscar Lhermitte
- Reframe by Paul Scales and Atelier Kit
- Spin by Reddish
- Dezeen and MINI Frontiers showcased "pro…vocative ideas" for future travel
- Mercury by Ziiiro at Dezeen Watch Store
- Stair Rover by Po-Chih Lai at Show RCA 2…012
- Rotator by Ron Arad for Teuco
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories