German brand e15 has launched a collection of wood and marble home accessories (+ slideshow).
"The new collection of accessories together with the existing range of blankets in fine wool and cashmere represent an extensive collection of accessories that enrich the pleasures of living, cooking and working," said the designers.
Crafted from European oak or white Carrara marble, the round and rectangular cutting boards in the range each have a single hole towards one edge to provide a place to grip and for storing the items on hooks.
The Cut chopping board has metal bracings within the wood to prevent deformation from moisture and is untreated for hygiene reasons.
Bookends are formed from blocks of white Carrara or black Marquina marble, either as cubes or cuboids.
A waxed wooden fruit bowl by Mark Braun has sides that gently slope towards the centre until they plunge into a hole. This camber means that round fruit will roll into the middle of the bowl.
The collection also features Jan Philip Holler's paper weights in the shape of small houses, which come in oak, walnut and polished brass.
e15 debuted the accessories at this year's imm cologne event last month.
- Cyclops by Mr Jones Watches
- Biodegradable fishing nets could preve…nt sea mammal deaths
- Una Sistema by Carlotta de Bevilacqua …for Danese
- Shan Valla at Interiors UK
- Zaha Hadid to exhibit work by her favo…urite fashion designer
- Diversity by Nacho Carbonell
- Drop by Paul Cocksedge
- Re-Imagined Chair by Studiomama for th…e Stepney Green Design Collection
- Taça by ENTLO.1A
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories