"Many of our products are inspired by architecture and the graphic expression in buildings," Folkholm cofounder Anna Holmquist told Dezeen. "The particular skyline lamp was inspired by the raw concrete suburb where I grew up, called Vällingby."
The series comes in black and white, made from powder-coated aluminium, as well as brass. "When we chose the brass material we were inspired by the time spent in metal workshops in the south of Sweden," said Holmquist.
Different models of the lamp can be suspended from the ceiling, attached to the wall or bought as a floor lamp with four legs in two sizes.
Originally launched in 2011, the Skyline lamp was shown during this year's Stockholm Furniture Fair and Northern Light Fair and was also presented to the Swedish consort Her Majesty Queen Silvia for her seventieth birthday.
- Movie: Blickfang designworkshop 2012
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Sarah Colson
- Dezeen Watch Store summer sale: save £5…0 on VOID V02 watches
- Maarten Baas at Via Voghera 8 in Milan
- Design Museum announce shortlist for Bri…t Insurance Designs of the Year
- RAWtation by Adi Zaffran Weisler
- Who's Next by Marco Ripa
- Inflatable furniture by Philipp Beisheim…
- Reflections by UNStudio at RETREAT
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories