"Many of our products are inspired by architecture and the graphic expression in buildings," Folkholm cofounder Anna Holmquist told Dezeen. "The particular skyline lamp was inspired by the raw concrete suburb where I grew up, called Vällingby."
The series comes in black and white, made from powder-coated aluminium, as well as brass. "When we chose the brass material we were inspired by the time spent in metal workshops in the south of Sweden," said Holmquist.
Different models of the lamp can be suspended from the ceiling, attached to the wall or bought as a floor lamp with four legs in two sizes.
Originally launched in 2011, the Skyline lamp was shown during this year's Stockholm Furniture Fair and Northern Light Fair and was also presented to the Swedish consort Her Majesty Queen Silvia for her seventieth birthday.
- Prairie Chair by Von Tundra
- Baby Plumen 001 by Hulger at Dezeen Su…per Store
- A Touch of Green at Droog
- Workstead bolts together metal rods to… form lighting for Another Country
- TOR by Lambie & Van Hengel for Montis
- Z-Boat by Zaha Hadid
- Starting today: dezeen at Design Indab…a
- Honey bees can be trained to detect ca…ncer "in ten minutes" says designer
- Official Team GB Olympic Kitby Stella …McCartney
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories