Xiao Li's Autumn Winter 2014 collection included sections of latex that were moulded against knitwear to create texture.
Bumpy silicon strips were used around cuffs, necklines and hems, as well as to highlight pockets and seams.
Garments made from meshed sports material included bomber-style jackets and skirts. The porous fabric was also formed into billowing sleeves.
The icy palette of white and powder blue was influenced by the landscape of Iceland.
"Crisp shades of blue are injected onto a cool of solitary white base and silhouettes are accented with chalky forms of silicon," said the designer.
A darker blue was used to create a stiff moulded top and a two-piece outfit with hems that appeared to be frosted.
Panels of latex have been created in shapes traditionally found in denim pieces, such as the top of a pair of dungarees and chunky pockets fronts.
She graduated from London's Royal College of Art last year and showed plump pastel silicone garments moulded from knitwear as part of her final collection.
- Architects' faces are made up of their b…uildings in Federico Babina's Archiportraits series
- Bouroullec Collection by Ronan and Erwan… Bouroullec for Hay
- Vegetal by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec
- Furniture by Outofstock
- 3D-printed monograms combine two initial…s in one pendant
- Martyna Barbara Golik translates tastes …into textiles
- 21 Grams is a sex toy that contains the …ashes of a dead partner
- Selfridges windows curated by Designersb…lock
- Bouroullecs present carved wooden Uncino… chairs at Salone Internazionale del Mobile
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories