"Inspiration is a matter of sensitivity," said Van Herpen. "It is the ability to collect from the past, present and future as they shift past us simultaneously."
"In this issue of A Magazine I want to affirm the importance of alliance and fraternisation, to transgress the experiential boundaries of those versatile relationships that are the catalysts for true inspiration."
For each edition, the magazine asks a international fashion designer, group or house to take over the pages and inject their personal style and tastes.
Van Herpen showcases haute couture pieces by Viktor & Rolf, Christian Dior and Chanel, as well as spiky headdresses by Royal College of Art graduate Maiko Takeda.
Her own designs such as dresses grown using magnets and 3D-printed garments from her Autumn Winter 2013 collection are shown alongside sculptures she took references from for form, patterns and colour.
A Magazine Curated By Iris van Herpen is currently on sale worldwide.
The designer recently installed models suspended in plastic vacuums during her Paris Fashion Week show, which featured sculptural boots designed with United Nude.
- On the Rock vessels by Lee Broom to laun…ch at Milan dinner party
- "East London has a thriving community of… creative people" - Nicolas Roope
- Pilke by Tuukka Halonen for Skandium
- Daniel Emma launches first furniture and… lighting range
- Nokia E-Cu by Patrick Hyland
- Massimo Uberti sculpts neon tubes into a… room for Bentley
- Kazadokei by Nendo
- The Hourglass by Marc Newson for Ikepod
- Lighting design classes at the Brandi In…stitute
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories