"Inspiration is a matter of sensitivity," said Van Herpen. "It is the ability to collect from the past, present and future as they shift past us simultaneously."
"In this issue of A Magazine I want to affirm the importance of alliance and fraternisation, to transgress the experiential boundaries of those versatile relationships that are the catalysts for true inspiration."
For each edition, the magazine asks a international fashion designer, group or house to take over the pages and inject their personal style and tastes.
Van Herpen showcases haute couture pieces by Viktor & Rolf, Christian Dior and Chanel, as well as spiky headdresses by Royal College of Art graduate Maiko Takeda.
Her own designs such as dresses grown using magnets and 3D-printed garments from her Autumn Winter 2013 collection are shown alongside sculptures she took references from for form, patterns and colour.
A Magazine Curated By Iris van Herpen is currently on sale worldwide.
The designer recently installed models suspended in plastic vacuums during her Paris Fashion Week show, which featured sculptural boots designed with United Nude.
- "Software is now an integral part of a p…hysical object" – Clemens Weisshaar at Dezeen Live
- Swarovski Crystal Palace
- Nonsystem by Su Jung-Cheng
- Sinkhole Vessels by Liliana Ovalle at Gr…andmateria III
- The Last Laugh by William Andrews for Mr… Jones Watches at Dezeen Watch Store
- Inga Sempé adds functions to the clip l…amp for Wästberg
- Tableware by Kathryn Hinton
- Berlin Christmas lights by Brut Deluxe
- Swiss Poster Generator by Ben and Clark …DuVall
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories