Swedish bicycle accessory brand Bookman has created a cup holder that snaps onto handlebars so city bikers can cycle with their takeaway coffees (+ movie).
The Bookman cup holder is constructed out of two rings and a steel spring, completely free of screws and glue.
Squeezing together the two rings opens the spring so it can be placed over the handlebars, clasping securely into place when the user lets go.
"The Cup Holder sits firmly in place never losing grip even during rides over bumps and potholes," said Bookman.
The rings are different sizes so cyclists can flip the cup holder over depending on whether they ordered a small or large drink.
The cup holder comes with a little storage cube that fits inside the spring, holding the two rings together to keep it neat and tidy when not in use. It is available in black, white, red and green.
Bookman also produced bicycle lights that are attached by simply stretching the elastic cord around the handlebars or seat post. We filmed a short interview with Bookman's Johan Lidehäll about the lights at the Interiors UK trade show in 2012 - watch it here.
More cycling accessories on Dezeen include magnetic lights that turn on when they snap to the frame and an inflatable helmet that folds away into a scarf.
- Torafu Architects designs multi-function…al Dice furniture for children and adults
- Guitars for OK Go by Moritz Waldemeyer
- Found by Stuart Haygarth at Haunch of Ve…nison
- 100% Inspiration: Kara O'Reilly
- And Nowhere a Shadow by Cohen Van Balen …at Future Perfect
- If Only Gio Knew... by Martino Gamper
- Bird by Zhili Liu
- NAN18 by Jörg Boner and Christian Deube…r for Nanoo
- Downtown by Roderick Vos
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories