"We have come to a point where we now have both a technology push and a consumer pull for wearable technology products and applications," said Luxottica CEO Andrea Guerra.
Google Glass lets users send and receive messages, take pictures and search the web hands-free - this collaboration will put this technology in the hands of designers at Luxottica, which produces eyewear for brands including Ray-Ban and Oakley.
"We live in a world where technological innovation has dramatically changed the way in which we communicate and interact in everything that we do," said Guerra.
Recently a Google Glass user was attacked in a San Francisco bar for wearing the device.
Earlier this year the tech giant unveiled four designs for Google Glass frames to hold prescription lenses (main image).
- Chameleonic gemstones map brain activi…ty across headdress by The Unseen
- Kano computer kit by MAP
- Projection mapping creates changing se…tting in Superbien's music video for Irma
- "Everyone will be interested in making… things instead of buying things" - Janne Kyttanen
- Interacket by Drap og Design is a jack…et that changes colour like a chameleon
- Digital portfolio app features layers …that behave like tracing paper
- Architect explains how he will 3D prin…t a "whole building in one go"
- Colour Injector lamp by Taras Sgibnev
- Yves Behar designs DNA testing machine
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories