The Alice collection by Welsh designer Bethan Gray comprises geometric combinations of black and white marble, which reference stripes and chequerboard patterns used in historic architectural designs, observed during the designer's trips across Europe and the Arab states.
"The idea for the geometric patterns of the Alice tableware range came from the pattern, form and use of light found in Arabic design and the spectacular black and white stone configurations I'd seen on various trips across Europe," said the designer.
"These specifically include the ninth-century Amalfi Cathedral in Italy and the twentieth-century San Giovanni Battista in Mogno, Switzerland."
The collection comprises five pieces that include a chopping board, cheese board, cake stand and bowl.
Following its launch at Maison & Objet in February, the collection will be on display at Spazio Pontaccio in the Brera district of Milan from 8 to 13 April during the Salone Internationale del Mobile.
- Paper-wood stool by Drill Design
- Tswana by Patty Johnson
- Heal's launches Autumn/Winter 2014 furni…ture collections
- The Espresso Lamp by Fly-Pitcher
- Matthew Hilton for Case
- Icy pendant lamp drips back into its mou…ld for refreezing
- Rio Cinema by 1:2:3 and Kristoffer Sundi…n
- The r5.5 Platinum Chronograph by Jasper …Morrison for Rado
- Doride lamp by Karim Rashid
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories