Faye Toogood has continued to use the geometric elements typical of her Assemblage range for this collection. But in contrast to the angular feel of Assemblage 3, the feet on these pieces are rounded, drawing influence from her experiences of pregnancy and motherhood.
"I've got fat," Toogood told Dezeen. "Gone are the angles, hard lines and dark colour schemes of previous collections in favour of voluptuousness and creaminess."
Assemblage 4, titled Roly-Poly, includes a low four-legged chair, a higher dining chair and table, a sculptural daybed, and a reinterpretation of Toogood's Element table.
Each piece is developed from a clay maquette and then crafted from fibreglass, more commonly used in boat production.
Soft tones of cream, beige and white are reminiscent of faded injection-moulded Eames chairs.
Accompanying the furniture, the hand-woven Play tapestry and yarn throws designed for the chair and day bed explore the collection's geometric themes in a different material.
"My new collection reflects my journey of becoming a mother and seeing the world through the eyes of a child," said Toogood.
Toogood will show the furniture at Project B Gallery, Via Maroncelli 7, in Milan from 8 to 13 April.
- Lamp OOO by Sergio Mannino and Jan Hab…raken
- Movie: Thomas Heatherwick at the V&A m…useum
- Seal Pelt Remix by Eley Kishimoto and …Vík Prjónsdóttir
- Juuri by Sarah Böttger
- La part des Anges by Duende
- Bill Moggridge wins 2010 Prince Philip… Designers Prize
- Open-source visual identity for Eindho…ven by Virtual Design Agency
- Roksanda's Resort 2016 fashion collect…ion is patterned with Cubist shapes
- New products by ilio
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories