Designed for everyday use, Scout features flat surfaces and geometric lines with a bold, easy-to-read face and contrasting numerals and markers.
"We researched heavily on military and functional timepieces throughout history," Big-Game told Dezeen Watch Store. "Their use of high contrast dials, readable typefaces and simple case designs made them look functional and elegant at the same time."
"We wanted to come up with our own updated version and call it Scout - a simple, robust, affordable timepiece - a tool for everyday life," added the designer.
The watch, which features a durable nylon strap, also draws from surprising nostalgic inspiration. "In a more unexpected way we were always big fans of the Flik Flak kids watches that also have an aluminium case and a Nylon strap," explained the designer.
- Duo by Oscar Diaz for Doiy
- Pleats by USIN-e
- Architects' faces are made up of their… buildings in Federico Babina's Archiportraits series
- Vera Knoot makes leather from unwanted… goose skin
- House Numbers Project by Medium
- London design shop Folklore launches C…ore Collection
- The Bradley timepiece for blind people… proves inclusive design has wide appeal
- Spanish Design in Milan 2010
- Cartoon characters perform a disco rit…ual in Fever the Ghost's Source music video
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories