Designed for everyday use, Scout features flat surfaces and geometric lines with a bold, easy-to-read face and contrasting numerals and markers.
"We researched heavily on military and functional timepieces throughout history," Big-Game told Dezeen Watch Store. "Their use of high contrast dials, readable typefaces and simple case designs made them look functional and elegant at the same time."
"We wanted to come up with our own updated version and call it Scout - a simple, robust, affordable timepiece - a tool for everyday life," added the designer.
The watch, which features a durable nylon strap, also draws from surprising nostalgic inspiration. "In a more unexpected way we were always big fans of the Flik Flak kids watches that also have an aluminium case and a Nylon strap," explained the designer.
- Matthew Hilton at 100% Design
- Maxim Velcovsky ceramics at Mint
- Bunad Blankets by Andreas Engesvik
- Fungi Mutarium turns waste plastic into …edible treats
- Thin Black Lines by Nendo
- RCA Platform 10 present Crisis Shop
- Ineke Hans for Cappellini
- Bottle Humidifier by Cloud and Co
- Karamel Sans CE by Marta Maštálková
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories