Designed for everyday use, Scout features flat surfaces and geometric lines with a bold, easy-to-read face and contrasting numerals and markers.
"We researched heavily on military and functional timepieces throughout history," Big-Game told Dezeen Watch Store. "Their use of high contrast dials, readable typefaces and simple case designs made them look functional and elegant at the same time."
"We wanted to come up with our own updated version and call it Scout - a simple, robust, affordable timepiece - a tool for everyday life," added the designer.
The watch, which features a durable nylon strap, also draws from surprising nostalgic inspiration. "In a more unexpected way we were always big fans of the Flik Flak kids watches that also have an aluminium case and a Nylon strap," explained the designer.
- An Introvert's Transformation to Extrove…rsion by Lilian Hipolyte Mushi
- Studio Job's Pussy Cats sculptures captu…re aggressive feline behaviour
- Second collection by Vík Prjónsdóttir
- L.O.F.T by Maciek Wojcicki
- Bill Moggridge wins 2010 Prince Philip D…esigners Prize
- Bruggenhoofd Chabot by Snodevormgevers
- Pretty Vacant by Rietveld Landscape
- Close to be Open by Agnes Ögren and Val…erie Otte
- Assa Ashuach at Rabih Hage Gallery
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories