Designed for everyday use, Scout features flat surfaces and geometric lines with a bold, easy-to-read face and contrasting numerals and markers.
"We researched heavily on military and functional timepieces throughout history," Big-Game told Dezeen Watch Store. "Their use of high contrast dials, readable typefaces and simple case designs made them look functional and elegant at the same time."
"We wanted to come up with our own updated version and call it Scout - a simple, robust, affordable timepiece - a tool for everyday life," added the designer.
The watch, which features a durable nylon strap, also draws from surprising nostalgic inspiration. "In a more unexpected way we were always big fans of the Flik Flak kids watches that also have an aluminium case and a Nylon strap," explained the designer.
- Xmas Declarations by Ctrl.Alt.Shift
- The Average Font combines hundreds of ch…aracters into a single typeface
- Furniture made from waste tiles by Tsuyo…shi Hayashi
- Dezeen presents upcoming designers and b…rands at Home
- Demelza Hill at New Designers
- Theatre box-shaped shelves by Cecilie Ma…nz feature in Iittala's latest collection
- Pin Pres by OOO My Design
- The Oasis of Aboukir green wall by Patri…ck Blanc
- Float by Karim Rashid for Sancal
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories