"The aim was the representation of transformation within the objects," Kyuhyung Cho told Dezeen. "The process of shifting from one state to another was the inspiration."
The family of products includes a low table, a mirror, and a collection of trays and vessels, all in greyish-blue tones.
The trays and vessels come in a range of sizes and each is made from parian clay, traditionally used in the slipcasting process when making pottery.
The clay was used for this collection to add "a weight and expectancy appropriate to ritual," said the designers.
The ash table is formed from a tray-shaped top sat on four legs, while another tray with a circular copper mirror in the centre can be mounted on the wall.
The collection will be presented at the Ventura Lambrate design district in Milan from 8 to 13 April.
- Alternative 2012 souvenirs
- Well Done: a food company annual report …that has to be cooked first
- White Gold series by Roderick Vos
- Plantation collection by Alexander Loter…sztain
- Acorn lights by Vasiliy Butenko
- World Cup 2014 final features "most test…ed" football ever
- Future Fashions exhibition by You Are He…re and Glamcult Studio
- Armadillo-T foldable electric micro-car …by KAIST
- More from Design Academy Eindhoven gradu…ation show 2007
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories