Note Design Studio's Plateau storage unit for Spanish company Punt was designed for storing outerwear such as coats and footwear.
"In Scandinavia it is very common to take off your shoes when you come home and there is always a problem with where to put them," Cristiano Pigazzini of Note Design Studio told Dezeen. "Everyday stuff like shoes and bags in the hallway or sleeping room that lands on the floor looks messy and out of order."
Two white steel bars are bent to create rails for hanging garments and accessories. An oak shelf to place footwear on hovers above the ground, punctured by the rails that also form the feet.
"When the same stuff is placed on a podium or a plateau it suddenly has another value," said Pigazzini. "The function of the plateau is to elevate your belongings from the floor and to create order in chaos."
The two rails are different heights, offset and sitting one in front of the other. The larger includes a circular tray for storing small items on one side.
The design will be exhibited on Punt's stand, Hall 6 Stand E22, at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan from 8 to 13 April.
- Stitch Room by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec
- MotherBoard by Romolo Stanco
- Revelation by Karim Rashid for Bombay Sa…pphire
- Richard Hutten for Christofle
- Plastic Relics by Committee for Cibone E…ditions
- Designed in Hackney: East London Furnitu…re
- Arper showcases Saya and Juno chairs at …new London showroom
- Wilcox vs 3D Printer at Hacked Lab
- Ascentium apparatus splits perfume into …different notes
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories