Scandinavia-inspired watch brand VOID has introduced two new watches featuring automatic movements that never need winding (+ buy now from Dezeen Watch Store).
Founded in 2008 by Hong Kong-based Swedish designer David Ericsson, VOID produces watches with a Scandianvian design aesthetic and aims to create "an almost architectural expression" with its timepieces.
These two automatic watches created by Ericsson pay homage to the simple designs of the 1950s and 60s.
The VOID V03M, available in silver and black or black and black, features an automatic movement that will run perpetually – as long as the user moves. Built by Japanese watch manufacturer Miyota, the movement uses kinetic energy to wind the main spring that keeps the watch ticking.
Aesthetically, the timepiece draws on the Ericsson's Scandinavian roots by using simple geometries to reinterpret features common to diving watches, creating a streamlined dress watch.
Waterproof to a depth of 50 metres, it features oversized luminescent hour indexes and bright white hands that sit on top of a matte black face to help the wearer read the time even in murky conditions.
The face also features a calendar in place of the three 'o' clock mark and subtle branding below the six o clock index.
Measuring 36 millimetres across and 12 millimetres thick, the case is made from solid stainless steel. On the rear, a circular window reveals the automatic watch movement inside.
The case comes in two colours, matte black and matter silver, and both styles have a simple black leather strap.
VOID watches are an independent boutique watch brand, launched in 2008 by Swedish designer David Ericsson.
Order a VOID watch now from Dezeen Watch Store.
- The Blue Fence Project by StudioSupernic…he
- Lovebird tables by Yuki Matsumoto
- Matali Crasset's Self-made Seat is a sof…a made from modules that can be carried like suitcases
- Movie: Tokujin Yoshioka – Spectrum
- Dezeen at SXSW
- Fritz Hansen reintroduces Arne Jacobsen …chair with new wooden legs
- Sang Yoon exaggerates garments with plas…tic sleeves for Central Saint Martins collection
- Pregnant Chair by Trent Jansen for Moooi
- Anderssen & Voll reinterprets Magis' ga…s-lift barstool
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories