Two of Dezeen Watch Store's most popular pieces by Swedish brand Daniel Wellington are now available in a smaller size (+ buy now at Dezeen Watch Store).
Both the Classic St Andrews Lady and the Classic Sheffield Lady have a 36mm face diameter to create timepieces designed specifically to suit smaller hands and wrists. The watches share the same slim 6mm thick case that has proven popular in the larger 40mm diameter versions.
The pieces are the brainchild of Daniel Wellington founder Filip Tysander, who named his company after a rolex-wearing Englishman he met while travelling around the world.
"I was very inspired by this watch that he was wearing," Tysander told Dezeen at the Baselworld watch fair in Switzerland. "It was a Rolex Submariner together with a dark NATO strap."
"I thought there was also something missing in watch design, when it comes to a watch that is slim, thin and minimalistic, that you can wear together with a suit, that is not that expensive," explained Tysander. "Like for example, Longines which costs ten times more than a Daniel Wellington watch."
The St Andrews features a brown leather strap, while the Sheffield comes with a black leather strap. Both watches are available with either a silver or rose gold case and face details.
- Big Bloom by Charlie Guda for The Cott…age Industry
- Boom Boom speaker by Mathieu Lehanneur… has 20 faces
- OMA's CCTV building reconstructed as a… wooden cabinet
- Michael Young relaunches PXR-5 watch t…hat caused "queues blocking the corridors"
- Food Machine by PJADAD encourages coll…aborative cooking
- A Dolls' House by David Adjaye, Zaha H…adid, FAT, dRMM and others
- Drilling Lab stacks aluminium tubes to… form vessels in Water Pipe Series
- Watch the design evolution of the bicy…cle in a one-minute animation
- Anny Wang uses contrasting materials i…n Akin Collection of furniture
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories