Two of Dezeen Watch Store's most popular pieces by Swedish brand Daniel Wellington are now available in a smaller size (+ buy now at Dezeen Watch Store).
Both the Classic St Andrews Lady and the Classic Sheffield Lady have a 36mm face diameter to create timepieces designed specifically to suit smaller hands and wrists. The watches share the same slim 6mm thick case that has proven popular in the larger 40mm diameter versions.
The pieces are the brainchild of Daniel Wellington founder Filip Tysander, who named his company after a rolex-wearing Englishman he met while travelling around the world.
"I was very inspired by this watch that he was wearing," Tysander told Dezeen at the Baselworld watch fair in Switzerland. "It was a Rolex Submariner together with a dark NATO strap."
"I thought there was also something missing in watch design, when it comes to a watch that is slim, thin and minimalistic, that you can wear together with a suit, that is not that expensive," explained Tysander. "Like for example, Longines which costs ten times more than a Daniel Wellington watch."
The St Andrews features a brown leather strap, while the Sheffield comes with a black leather strap. Both watches are available with either a silver or rose gold case and face details.
- Centanni Stool by James Irvine for Disci…pline
- Bodging Milano at Designersblock
- Launch collection by Noble & Wood
- CT09 Enoki side tables by Philipp Mainze…r for e15
- FuelBand by Nike+
- Fabrica blends international tableware s…tyles in collection for Atipico
- Record Chronograph by Achille Castiglion…i now comes with a Nato strap
- BBCX365 by Johnny Selman
- S+tarck with Ballantyne by Philippe Star…ck
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories