Nichetto's second edition of the 50/50 collection introduces two new products at New York Design Week: the Laurel Coffee and Side Tables and the Stanley sofa.
The Laurel Coffee and Side Table both feature a cylindrical base with an inverted cone that appears to perch precariously on top. American black walnut or European Ash planks, finished with Danish oil, are layered with their grain in alternating directions to form the base. The cone is made from lacquered high-density fibreboard, polished by hand and available in black, turquoise, or red.
The Stanley Sofa's exposed solid wood frame comes in American black walnut or European Ash and is left uncovered with the aim of revealing the craftsmanship involved in its joinery. The taut upholstery of the backrest provides a crisp profile, intended to contrast with the wool or velvet seats.
De La Espada is a London-based manufacturer that focuses on woodworking craft and providing quality production resources for selected designers.
The furniture will be on display at Ludlow Studios in the Lower East Side during New York Design Week from 16 to 18 May.
Alongside the furniture, three dresses and two coats created for the event by Russian fashion designer and pattern maker Yulia Yadryshnikova will be shown, including a Stanley sofa cover reinterpreted as an elegant dress.
- Alfashion by Sophie Lepinoy
- Ontwerpduo bases Fairytale Furniture c…ollection on fantasy stories
- Viktor & Rolf scenography by Studio Jo…b
- L’Artisan Électronique by Unfold an…d Tim Knapen
- Crucifix Surge Protector by Means of P…roduction
- B&B relaunch Bellini’s Le Bambole ch…air
- Sewing box cabinet by Kiki van Eijk
- Mitate by Studio Wieki Somers at Galer…ie Kreo
- Vodka bottle by Karim Rashid for Anest…asia
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories