Milan 2014: London designer Benjamin Hubert has created a stackable dining chair with removable covers to match his Talma lounge chair, forming a family of cloaked seats for Italian brand Moroso (+ slideshow).
The Talma dining chair by Benjamin Hubert is dressed in a padded fabric cover that forms a seat and back over a metal frame.
The new design for Moroso is part of Hubert's Talma collection, named after a type of sleeveless cloak, and is based around a concept that the designer calls "fashion for furniture".
A quilted fabric with leather trim is used for the cover and was created with Dutch textile brand Innofa.
The cover slips over a simple CNC-formed steel frame that dictates the shape of the seat and fastens together with zips.
The design features a rounded back and slightly angled sides, and is available with or without arms.
The chair was launched at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile furniture fair in Milan last month, joining the lounge chair that looks like it's wrapped in a cloak presented at the same event last year.
- Pentaphone by Robert Stadler
- Crystal Bulb Shop by Lee Broom
- Alexander Gufler unveils sculptural wood…en furniture for TON
- Custhom launches digitally embroidered w…allpaper
- Lounge Chair by David Irwin
- Impasto by Nikolaj Steenfatt
- Cross-fire by Studio*Mrmann
- "We use software programming controls as… well as physical design" - Troika
- Ai Weiwei's Forever Bicycles installed a…t Palazzo Franchetti in Venice
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories