UK design brand Very Good & Proper has added material options for the legs of its MT Club Chair, originally designed for a London restaurant.
The designers have created a family of chairs, which includes four base options for the moulded foam shell.
"The shell is designed for comfort, and can be used in both commercial and domestic interiors," said brand director Ed Carpenter. "It functions well as a dining, side or petite armchair where space is limited."
Along with the original bent plywood legs for the dining chair, a set of shorter supports in the same material turns the design into a lounge seat.
Two tubular steel bases have also been introduced. The first features a frame that extends up from the legs to wrap around the back of the shell, while the second comprises four simple supports.
All versions of the MT Club Chair are available upholstered in fabric or leather.
This new collection was on display at last month's Clerkenwell Design Week event in London.
The production version of the chair was launched during the London Design Festival in September last year.
- "We understand how to bring design produ…cts to market" says PCH founder
- KRUZIFIX by Stefan Strumbel
- Fungi Lamp by Andreas Kowalewski
- Andrea Branzi at Fondation Cartier
- Folding Techniques for Designers: basic …pleats
- Trapets by Note Design Studio for Zero
- IN-EI by Issey Miyake for Artemide
- Noughts and Crosses tables by Michael So…deau for Modus
- Ribbon coat rack by Hemal Patel
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories