UK design brand Very Good & Proper has added material options for the legs of its MT Club Chair, originally designed for a London restaurant.
The designers have created a family of chairs, which includes four base options for the moulded foam shell.
"The shell is designed for comfort, and can be used in both commercial and domestic interiors," said brand director Ed Carpenter. "It functions well as a dining, side or petite armchair where space is limited."
Along with the original bent plywood legs for the dining chair, a set of shorter supports in the same material turns the design into a lounge seat.
Two tubular steel bases have also been introduced. The first features a frame that extends up from the legs to wrap around the back of the shell, while the second comprises four simple supports.
All versions of the MT Club Chair are available upholstered in fabric or leather.
This new collection was on display at last month's Clerkenwell Design Week event in London.
The production version of the chair was launched during the London Design Festival in September last year.
- Mutagenesis by Arne Quinze
- Het Kruikantoor by Tim Vinke
- W Hotels Designers of the Future at Desi…gn Miami/Basel 2011
- London 2012 Olympic Cauldron by Thomas H…eatherwick
- Jaime Hayón's collection for Galerie Kr…eo includes a mirror shaped like a table-tennis bat
- Designed in Hackney: Living Room by Gitt…a Gschwendtner
- Yves Béhar wins Design of the Year
- Drone grown from fungus-like material me…lts if it crash lands
- Design Indaba videos: Commonwealth
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories