UK design brand Very Good & Proper has added material options for the legs of its MT Club Chair, originally designed for a London restaurant.
The designers have created a family of chairs, which includes four base options for the moulded foam shell.
"The shell is designed for comfort, and can be used in both commercial and domestic interiors," said brand director Ed Carpenter. "It functions well as a dining, side or petite armchair where space is limited."
Along with the original bent plywood legs for the dining chair, a set of shorter supports in the same material turns the design into a lounge seat.
Two tubular steel bases have also been introduced. The first features a frame that extends up from the legs to wrap around the back of the shell, while the second comprises four simple supports.
All versions of the MT Club Chair are available upholstered in fabric or leather.
This new collection was on display at last month's Clerkenwell Design Week event in London.
The production version of the chair was launched during the London Design Festival in September last year.
- "Thanks for the free day off"
- One Handed Condom Wrapper by Ben Pawle
- Please Kill Me by Sibling
- Photos from augmented reality watch stor…e at Hackney House Austin now online
- Eric Klarenbeek at Selfridges
- Glamour Factory by Studio Job and Viktor… & Rolf
- Gabriel Chandelier at the Château de Ve…rsailles by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec
- The Secret Life of cars by BMW
- Terracotta lamps by Tomas Kral
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories