Congratulations to the winners! Luke Laverty in the US, Elsa Bres in France, Jens Wiedow in Namibia, Jonas Hermansson in Sweden and Noel Montayne in Republic of Ireland. The winners will each receive a copy of Traces by LAN Architecture.
Traces was written by LAN founders Umberto Napolitano and Benoit Jallon and was published to coincide the 10th anniversary of the Paris-based practice, whose projects include a glass and copper gymnasium and a studded archive building.
The book examines two aspects of urban planning: the city as the site of experience and thought, and the city as the locus of architectural endeavour and change.
White pages display a selection of notes about urban experiences the authors accrued over the ten-year period.
Readers will find these reflections and observations organised by the names and cities that first inspired them.
Black pages explore the authors' own research by addressing the common themes that run through their architecture projects.
Traces is published by Actar Publishers, New York, and is available now in French and English.
This competition is now closed. Five winners will be selected at random and notified by email. Winners' names will be published in a future edition of our Dezeen Mail newsletter and at the top of this page. Dezeen competitions are international and entries are accepted from readers in any country.
- Studio Octopi's Thames Bath concept evol…ves into floating freshwater pools
- Georgia is investing in architecture "li…ke post-war Germany" says Jürgen Mayer H.
- Coca-Cola Beatbox by Asif Khan and Perni…lla Ohrstedt
- Kodály Centre by Építész Stúdió
- Long Brick House by Foldes Architects ac…commodates a 17-metre-long bookshelf
- Dezeen's guide to... Serpentine Gallery …Pavilions
- V12K0709 Piano House by Pasel Kuenzel Ar…chitects
- House in Buzen by Suppose Design Office
- PINC Pavilion by Clínica de Arquitectur…a
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories