"The set up questions the relationship between outdoor and indoor: water invades the space, redefining the existing elements, changing proportions, reflecting unexpected point of views, augmenting the show," said project leader Ippolito Pestellini Laparelli.
Related story: Prada Foundation by AMO
Models walked around a rectangular platform covered in a tan-coloured carpet, which appeared to hover above the surface of the bright blue water.
The structure was attached to the perimeter at one end, where models walked on an off.
A row of arched structural columns ran through the centre of the space and a band of white lights were mounted on the walls to light the room.
Bleachers that surrounded the pool were wrapped in the same carpet as the catwalk, providing seating for the audience.
Guests had to climb over the top of these steps before taking their seats, presenting them with an elevated view of the environment.
The Prada Spring Summer 2015 show took place on 22 June as part of Milan Moda Uomo - men's fashion week.
Rem Koolhaas and AMO have been working closely with Prada for a number of years, creating a portable, shape-shifting cultural pavilion for the company in 2009 and a range of angular furniture to furnish the runway show for its Autumn Winter 2013 menswear collection.
Prada's Spring Summer 2014 collection scooped the top prize in the fashion category at Designs of the Year 2014.
Photography is by Alberto Moncada, copyright OMA.
- The Living Points Structure jewellery co…vers limbs in porcupine-like spines
- Training Dresser by Peter Bristol
- PizzaKobra by Ron Arad for iGuzzini
- Analog Digital Clock iPhone app by Maart…en Baas
- Wear Out by Carolina Reis
- D&A modular seating system by Assaf Isra…el
- Post A Phone by Priestman Goode
- Movie: Thomas Heatherwick on his studio'…s Christmas cards
- Interactive dancing traffic lights make …waiting more entertaining
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories