Adidas' second collaboration for Spring Summer 2015 is with Belgian fashion designer Raf Simons, who has created a range of trainers and updated classic designs for the sports brand (+ slideshow).
Simons' interpretations of the Adilette pool sandal include a forefoot strap striped in contrasting colours and a triangular pendant attached to the front.
Two new models have been introduced into the collection: the Platform Strap and the Platform Lace.
These combine an elevated midsole with elements that illuminate under pressure.
His versions of the classic Stan Smith trainers – named after the American tennis player – have perforations on the sides arranged in the shape of an R rather than the traditional three stripes.
The Stan Smiths are available in new red and dark grey colours, as well as a set of pastel shades.
A series of trainers seem to be built up from layers of different designs, with horizontal layers of different materials, clashing colours and patterns.
The sole of one design comprises a series of tubes joined with linear elements, leaving gaps through the base of the shoes.
Simons' latest designs will be available from February 2015 at Adidas Icon stores in London, Paris and Berlin, as well as other selected boutiques.
The collection was presented during Men's Fashion Week in Paris last month, alongside Rick Owen's boots that pair blade-like soles with leather uppers.
- Modern Primitives by Aranda\Lasch
- AfroditiKrassa's Pentagon Pendant is cla…d in beveled mirrors
- East Beach Cafe by Thomas Heatherwick
- Galerie Kreo launches London gallery wit…h work by Grcic, Hayon, Bouroullecs and more
- Anne Boysen's Toward Sofa reconfigures f…or different sitting positions
- Amanda Levete for Corian at LDF 2
- X Y and Z by Daniel Lorch
- Rugs in Plaça de la Virreina by Nanimar…quina
- Rattan backrest curves around Hiroomi Ta…hara's Wrap sofa
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories