Adidas' second collaboration for Spring Summer 2015 is with Belgian fashion designer Raf Simons, who has created a range of trainers and updated classic designs for the sports brand (+ slideshow).
Simons' interpretations of the Adilette pool sandal include a forefoot strap striped in contrasting colours and a triangular pendant attached to the front.
Two new models have been introduced into the collection: the Platform Strap and the Platform Lace.
These combine an elevated midsole with elements that illuminate under pressure.
His versions of the classic Stan Smith trainers – named after the American tennis player – have perforations on the sides arranged in the shape of an R rather than the traditional three stripes.
The Stan Smiths are available in new red and dark grey colours, as well as a set of pastel shades.
A series of trainers seem to be built up from layers of different designs, with horizontal layers of different materials, clashing colours and patterns.
The sole of one design comprises a series of tubes joined with linear elements, leaving gaps through the base of the shoes.
Simons' latest designs will be available from February 2015 at Adidas Icon stores in London, Paris and Berlin, as well as other selected boutiques.
The collection was presented during Men's Fashion Week in Paris last month, alongside Rick Owen's boots that pair blade-like soles with leather uppers.
- A New Bus for London by Matthew Heywood
- Luca Nichetto's Notes screens hang from …the ceiling
- Ross Lovegrove at Philips de Pury
- Cricklewood Town Square by Spacemakers
- Studio seating by UNStudio for Offecct
- Emeco Navy Chair catapult test
- Clock by Christiaan Postma
- Nendo, Starck and more reinterpret Karte…ll's Bourgie lamp
- Tom Dixon launches "minimal and geometri…c" Plane light collection
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories