The watches are inspired by an iconic railway clock designed by Zurich-born engineer Hans Hilfiker in 1944, which became an important symbol of the Swiss rail network's punctuality.
Mondaine's first interpretation of Hilfiker's clock was released in 1986 as the Classic and kept most of the original design features, including the famous red seconds ticker.
This was later followed by the Evo series, which removed the date window from Classic and came with a larger case.
Evo Quartz Ladies is a downscaled version of the Evo with a case that measures 26mm in diameter, and is now available with a metal bracelet or polished leather strap.
It also features a domed mineral glass lens that magnifies the watch's white face, making it easier to tell the time.
Pocket Watch has a rounded stainless steel case and comes with a red leather carry pouch as well as a 48cm chain for the wearer to attach to their clothing.
It is the second pocket watch in the Dezeen Watch Store collection, joining the MMT Calendar by Hong Kong-based brand MMT.
- Torsten Neeland creates wooden framework… for new Yohji Yamamoto collection
- Clamped table by Ryan Sorrell
- Bunad Blankets by Andreas Engesvik
- Snøhetta entices bees into Oslo with ho…ney-coloured Vulkan Beehives
- In Vein by Ayala Serfaty
- Bokja for Al Sabah Art & Design Collecti…on
- Clothes that change colour according to …climate by Lauren Bowker
- Donna Wilson on her knitted tree for the… Stepney Green Design Collection
- EOps Noisezero i+ Eco by Michael Young
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories