The watches are inspired by an iconic railway clock designed by Zurich-born engineer Hans Hilfiker in 1944, which became an important symbol of the Swiss rail network's punctuality.
Mondaine's first interpretation of Hilfiker's clock was released in 1986 as the Classic and kept most of the original design features, including the famous red seconds ticker.
This was later followed by the Evo series, which removed the date window from Classic and came with a larger case.
Evo Quartz Ladies is a downscaled version of the Evo with a case that measures 26mm in diameter, and is now available with a metal bracelet or polished leather strap.
It also features a domed mineral glass lens that magnifies the watch's white face, making it easier to tell the time.
Pocket Watch has a rounded stainless steel case and comes with a red leather carry pouch as well as a 48cm chain for the wearer to attach to their clothing.
It is the second pocket watch in the Dezeen Watch Store collection, joining the MMT Calendar by Hong Kong-based brand MMT.
- Interview: Faye Toogood at Super Natural
- Amanda Levete and Corian at LDF
- Light Sock by Diller Scofidio + Renfro
- iPod fridge-freezer by Gorenje
- Microbial Home by Philips Design
- Door handles from Lina Bo Bardi's 1951 h…ouse go into production
- Christmas lights in Madrid by Teresa Sap…ey
- London 2012 Olympic Torch by BarberOsger…by
- Sport Plates by Boguslaw Sliwinski
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories