Related story: RIBA Stirling Prize 2014 shortlist announced
"I am delighted to be elected and to have the mandate from RIBA members to undertake my election pledges on improving pride, fees and diversity within the architecture profession," said Duncan earlier today.
"Over the next year I will be working hard to support Stephen Hodder, and visiting and talking to members and staff across the UK."
The architect, who has run her 16-person practice since 1992, will become the 75th president in the institute's 180-year history, giving direction to RIBA policy and budget.
She will officially be given the title President Elect on 1 September 2014.
- Hotel Ballymun
- "There has to be a social agenda" to m…y architecture, says David Adjaye
- Architecture for London creates light-…filled London extension using polished materials
- Rolling Huts by Olson Sundberg Kundig …Allen Architects
- Santorini Island retreat by Kapsimalis… Architects features rooftop and underground pools
- Bayon Artell office and warehouse by D…CPP Arquitectos
- SAU Taller de Arquitectura's Casa Migd…ia features sliding screens and a moveable wall
- V12K0102 by Pasel Kuenzel Architects
- Reiach and Hall gives sober facade to …Battle of Bannockburn Visitor Centre
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories